Preventing powerscheduler plugin to standby system when sharing files throug net (1 Viewer)

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi peque,

I wanted to share my setup as this may perhaps help you.

I use a scheduling tool called 4 The Record, see For The Record, which has a plugin for MP. Using this tool I have disabled PowerScheduler and rely entirely on WinXP standby/resume mechanism. 4TR will schedule recordings based on rules what program to record, rather than selecting the exact program to record.

4TR is a very powerful tool since it updates the list of recording as soon as there is a new EPG loaded, based on the rules I mentioned earlier.

Hope this helps!

/Peter

Checks the WinXP standby/resume mechanism the shares or connection to the host?
    After hitting hibernate the WinXP itselfs dont go into standby when a connection is active?

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've extracted powerscheduler.dll from TV-Server package from Disaster, and replaced the original. It's working like a charm... so thanks again for the tip. :)

Anyway, I think it would be useful to change the way powerscheduler works... enable powerscheduler to wake the system for recording or EPG grabbing jobs, even if it's not responsible for suspend/resume tasks... ¿? Bad thing this way is that Vista goes on suspend when you are watching TV and press "pause" button, althoug TV-Server is timeshifting... :(

It's really a mess all around suspend/resume jobs... :(

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    In fact I would go further than dvdfreak, and say it works better with Vista, especially if you use Windows itself, ie outlook or just moving files in explorer, as it respects mouse\keyboard inputs to stop it shutting down unexpectedly, which powerscheduler has a habit of doing.

Now about that release solving the timeshifting :)
    Hehe, 1.3.2 is in BETA testing right now. Cleanup of timeshifting files is fixed and also possible over the UNC path (instead of RTSP).

Just need some more time to wrap things up, go through a short BETA 2 testing phase, and then the release will be public.

PD: About 4TR, I use XFace skin, and there's no .xml and media files for it... :( Great piece of software, anyway! :)
    Perhaps the XFace author can be asked to include support for For The Record? It shouldn't be that hard to do...

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can anyone answer my qeustion please? I want to install the 4TR and disable the PowerScheduler!

Check WinXP standby/resume mechanism the shares or connection to the host?
    After hitting hibernate the WinXP itselfs don't go into standby when a connection is active?
    I think WinXP does NOT check any shares or something else..

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    It seems to expand network monitoring to ftp and other services, comparing with Disaster's versión.

Thank you JBravo for the job. :)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It actually only monitors upload and download speeds. If the given limit is reached standby is prevented.

Now I only need to figure out howto keep the TV server alive when all MP Clients are idle, i.e no network activity at all. When the TV server goes into standby the idle MP Client receives a "connection to tv service lost" message, then the MP client needs to be restarted to watch TV again.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Can anyone answer my qeustion please? I want to install the 4TR and disable the PowerScheduler!

Check WinXP standby/resume mechanism the shares or connection to the host?
    After hitting hibernate the WinXP itselfs don't go into standby when a connection is active?
    I think WinXP does NOT check any shares or something else..
    I can't help you, sorry... I'm under Vista 32bit... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom