Preventing re-records of transcoded shows (1 Viewer)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm running 1.4 and currently encode all of my recordings with MCEBuddy whenever my recordings disk gets full. The problem I have is that whenever I transcode a show and delete the original recording file then MePo no longer recognizes that show as 'recorded' and will re-record it if it falls in a schedule.

I've looked through the settings and haven't found a way to prevent this. Can anyone make some recommendations?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've looked through the settings and haven't found a way to prevent this. Can anyone make some recommendations?
    There is no way to prevent it via settings. When avoiding duplicate recordings, the TV service looks the original recording. If the recording file is not there or is less than 4 KB in size then it will re-record (policy: better to not miss recordings). So, if you want to move files away, create a file named exactly the same as the old recording file in the same place as the old recording file which is at least 4 KB in size.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you use the tvwishlist plugin to program your recordings you can prevent re-recording even if a previous recording is deleted or moved.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not going to lie, that's a bit disappointing. Is there any development in this area?
    TV Server is in code freeze at the moment because we're transitioning to a new version. There is a lot of development going on, but I'm not sure about this area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom