Preview Channel from TV server Config gives mixed results: some channels freeze (1 Viewer)

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I originally noticed issues with playback on some HD stations but not others. Playback on some stations freezes almost immediately and then returns to guide. Other channels play flawlessly. MP2 is installed on an Intel NUC and is tuning using a Ceton Infinitv eth6.

I have thus gone to examining playback using the the preview channel option in the TV server configuration GUI. This behaves just the same as tuning the very same channels in MP2 client or any other client on my network (i.e. KODI on nVidia Shield, Samsung GS7)

I cannot identify any clear errors in logs or settings that would give reason for failure to play on these station(s).

Note (in log) that tuning WSBE-DT using preview results in perfect playback. Tuning WJAR-HD results in a frozen picture and no audio withing 1 sec of playback. Finally WJAR (SD) results in MP2 returning error "Preview Failed:NoPMTFound"

Please Help
Thanks in Advance!

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
I guess no one had any suggestions so I decided to purchase a new Tuner device. I have a HD HomeRun Prime 3 Tuner now and it seems to have solved playback quality on the stations in question.

Perhaps it was time to move on from Ceton as they seem to be defunct.

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
Yes, I was able to scan digital cable for channels. It was just that some channels had very poor playback quality. The HD HomeRun tuner is working great and even integrates nicely into EMBY for live TV playback (no DVR).

Charles Stickler

September 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Are you running that on a Windows 10 PC? That was the problem I was having with the Ceton. I thought I might get it to work but forgot it needed WMC to run.

stratumorien

Portal Member
December 7, 2012
Home Country
No, I ran it on my Intel NUC with Windows 7x64 Ultimate. However I did remove WMC components through add/remove Programs to avoid conflicts. Ceton drivers were installed thought from which I understand are not compatible with Windows 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom