skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi,

I had 1.2 installed for a while. Suddenly one day for no reason that I could fathom I have been having problems with watching Live TV. When I try to preview any channel (using HDMI or Component) I keep getting the error "Preview Failed: NoPMTFound" pop up message after 10 to 15 seconds. What could be the problem? I have upgraded to MP 1.4 last night. The problem still exists. The advanced Tuning Option is set to "Stop Card". Whether the card is preloaded or not does not seem to make any difference.

Can someone please assist me in resolving this problem? Please find attached the MP TV-Server Logs.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Srikanth

I hope you are well! :)
    Looking at the log files, there is nothing obviously wrong.
    The fact that PMT is not received probably indicates that TV Server is not receiving the stream from your Colossus, and maybe that means that the Colossus itself is not receiving/detecting the stream from the STB.

First thing I would do is disable the blaster plugin and create a simple test channel with both audio and video input set according to the inputs that you have used to connect the STB (see the first post of the Colossus/HDPVR thread -->here<--). The audio input on the channel that you tested with (Sony HD) is set to "automatic", which can sometimes be a problem. The test would be to check that the test channel displays the channel that your STB is tuned to. If that works, you know the issue is with your channel configuration in MP. If it doesn't work, the issue is likely to be "upstream" with the Colossus or STB.

mm

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi mm,

I am doing great. Thanks. I haven't had much time to spend with my HT setup of late.

My first suspicion was that my Satellite provider had enabled HDCP over HDMI. Hence I tried using a HDMI Switch (3 in 1 out). That did not work. Then I tried over Component. That too did not work. I doubt if HDCP is enabled over Component too. Is that possible?

I will try setting up the inputs as mentioned by you in the other thread referenced above.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi mm,

I tried with as you suggested. Even Component inputs do not work. Does Colossus work as a capture device in VLC? I get the following error in VLC when I try to "Open Capture Device" and use DirectShow as the capture mode.
    Code:
    Capture failed:
    The capture device "Hauppauge Colossus Capture 0" does not support the required parameters.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried with as you suggested. Even Component inputs do not work.
    :(
    Hmmm, time to try other software to confirm what is going on.

Does Colossus work as a capture device in VLC?
    I have no idea sorry. I've never owned or used any capture device.

Any suggestions?
    The Colossus should work in Hauppauge WinTV or Arcsoft ShowBiz. I think one of those would have been present on the Colossus install CD...

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi mm,

Thanks to WinTV I finally figured out the problem. WinTV clearly showed that there was "no input" unlike MP which gives some wierd pop up message. BTW, the WinTV installation policy is such a PITA as I have misplaced by original CD.

The problem I had was a result of the STB software upgrade. It had set my HD output as 1080i 50 Hz. After changing it to 720P it started working. BTW, my STB recognized the TV Model as Colossus and the manufacturer as HCW.

Thanks for the help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks to WinTV I finally figured out the problem. WinTV clearly showed that there was "no input" unlike MP which gives some wierd pop up message.
    That's what I said first. ;)
    The fact that PMT is not received probably indicates that TV Server is not receiving the stream from your Colossus, and maybe that means that the Colossus itself is not receiving/detecting the stream from the STB.

We can try to find a way to give a more useful message here.
    Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for reporting! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom