Operating System Preview MKVs in Windows? (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MKVs to preview in windows explorer. I'm assuming it's 'cause they're huge files (1280x720p and about 2.15 GB each)

Mine are between 2-5gb for 720, Can you check under haali, that explorer integration is set to yes and the offset is 12000.

The other thing tha may screw this up is Windows Media Players database, might be worthwhile deleting that as can affect windows thumbnails.

You cannot view, add, or delete items in the library in Windows Media Player 11

I just deleted the lot shown.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Well explorer integration was already on, but the offset was different (low), so I set it up to 12000 as you suggested.

When this didn't work I deleted all the WMP database, along with the little Thumbs.db files. Still no luck.

It's strange as it works with some MKV files and not others. Having thought about it, it can't just be down to filesize as I've got 1080p movies with TrueHD sound that work fine, yet these files are 720p with DD sound, and they cause problems.

Very strange.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Drop them into mkvmerge and see what format the video\audio is, might be something unsupported.

Mine are all a combination of h.264, mp4, dx50 video, ac3\aac audio.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Well, here's the output from mkvinfo for one of the files. I can't make head nor tail of it, but if it helps you help me then it was worth running!

:D

Attachments

• mkvinfo1.txt
      30.6 KB

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Its:

Res: 1280x720
    Video Codec: x264/h.264
    FPS: 23.976 fps

Audio 1: DTS 6 Channels
    Audio 2: AC3 2 Channels

Not sure why it doens't work

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Wondering at the fact theres dual audio, all mine are just the 6 channel.

Try opening the file with mkvmerge and remove the 2 channel soundtrack, see if the muxed file created now appears as a thumbnail.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Run out of ideas atm, will have a think.

Problem I see is this has always worked "out of the box" for me with VCP, the only settings I change are mainly audio config settings regarding 7.1 sound, and of course setting MPC codecs for dxva.

Any other codecs i install are mainly for testing user issues, but they do not stay installed once finished and have no relevance to whether a thumbnail is created or not.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Yeah, it's a real puzzler. If you have a fast internet connection, maybe I could PM you a download link to one of the files in question (can't post it here due to copyright), and you could let me know if it thumbnails on your system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom