Preview Videos for ROMs (1 Viewer)

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
It would be great if you could upload those, but it doesnt make much sence to do it untill my emulators supports them.

NOAMattD

Portal Member
September 20, 2009
Well emumovies supports torrents and whatnot, as long as you weren't making US pay I don't think they'd have a problem with it. They only ask for money to pay for the hosting costs, right?

I think it would be cool of you to upload them just so we could grab them.

Here's what I did - I used the blackglass theme and set frosty's last release to display the in-game screenshot as the background, and the title screen in the preview area (used for cd album art and whatnot). I think the ideal "default" behavior with videos would be to load the video paused a second in, then after a second of holding on the ROM, start it playing. This would have to be done in the skin.xml as well as in the code, so that the user and skinners can define what they want to show up and where. A bare-bones implementation would be easy but there's a lot of room to expand - Maximus, Hyperspin and the like weren't built in a day.

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well I'm neither a coder or a skinner, so I guess I'll wait till I see some development on this. I won't mind testing it though. :D

But again, I'm not going to share the ones I paid for. Just the ones I already said I would share.

garfms

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2009
    thumbs up, that would be a very nice addition.
    maybe it is ver easy to implement, in the skin and scraper?
    but maybe there are other things that are much more urgent.

greets
    garf

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Use HyperSpin

The movies you pay for at emuMovies are the high-res ones. They allow you to distribute the low-res versions and there are links to torrents on their site for those.

But for anyone that wants an emulator/ROM front-end that has visually rich graphics, videos of each game, and interactive menus, HyperSpin is the only way to go. Have a look at the intro video at the HyperSpin website (scroll down the page and you'll see it) and you'll see why trying to use MyEmulators would be a major backward step. Hyperspin uses the videos available at emuMovies.

Far better to just exit MediaPortal or find some way to execute HyperSpin from within MP (I can't believe there's no way to run a program from within MP!). It's an amazing front-end with a huge support community and nothing comes close for visually-rich front-ends for every game system out there. Looks incredible on a large-screen TV.

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm actually now working on the "yet another new version" release with Brownard ( new title with the next release :) ). I personally want this feature as well so you can be there will be development on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom