Prison Break last episode in NZ last night (2 Viewers)

dooda48

Portal Member
June 11, 2005
New Zealand
Yep great response from fellow Media Portalers, thanks so much guys, especially Jedney who is kindly going to send me a copy (I'm at work now so will check my home email when i get back tonight mate, just sent you a mail to check i got your address right).
Are you in NZ shred444? Unfortunately we have pretty low download allocations here, although they are getting larger and quicker, FINALLY! Plus recording in MP you can get near DVD quality recordings for free, as long as you have the patience to go through and delete the ads (which the missus loves).
Thanks for the offer too Brocklander, unfortunately im up here in the big smoke, getting a bit of your windy weather up here ha ha.
I have been off the MP site for ages (baby came along), but hopefully going to get my MP machine back on track. I have one of those NVTV cards that doesnt seem to like the latest version of MP, so still running a real old version of that and PVR scheduler, but will take the plunge again soon.
Cheers guys,
Dooda

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
Actually, i'm in the US. i had assumed that all countries could download the latest episodes, but i guess not.

Fox and ABC both allow you to stream each episode from the season for free of their site. It's a flash based player with very VERY good quality. they do throw in commercials though, that you cant skip through.

dooda48

Portal Member
June 11, 2005
New Zealand
Yeah, you guys dont know how lucky you are with your broadband, we have been in the dark ages here for so long, only getting used to 2MB connections with 3GB download allocations which came in recently (affordable to the average Joe that is).
Might take a look at the fox site though (at work so its blocking it). But that would spoil the fun of recording the whole series (but missing the last episode stunk, thats for sure).

NeoLuddite

Portal Member
September 6, 2006
Boston, Massachusetts
NBC also allows you to watch that weeks episode online for most of their programming but not all of it. It would be a great plug in for someone to develop to watch episodes that you forgot to record (or it didn’t work for whatever reason) in MP from those sites. Would be a great backup for the forgetful MP user (me) ;)

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To Shred and Neo - none of those video sites (I know there are a few now like Fox) work outside of the States, even the BBC won't let you view video outside of England. We're also the last English speaking country on earth without an iTunes store, and that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

I just torrent programs as they run in the States, have to go through our 10gb off peak allowance somehow, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom