Probably X10 remote bug (1 Viewer)

ThreepH

Portal Pro
August 17, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey there..

might be a bug, not sure since I have no idea how to determine it properly.
Original thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/x10-remote-no-pause-while-tv-film.124099
As said there, if someone needs files or anything else, just tell me.
If providing the usual logs might help, just tell, then I'd reconfigure my system to make it not work again to get the logs.
But I rather avoid that (for the moment..) since the TV actually is important this weekend. I did not test it with 1.7 yet, I was just asked to post it here, so I did. But I guess noone looked into the X10 issue on 1.6, so there wouldn't be a difference at all.

Greetings!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe a picture of your remote can help. I'm also using a medion x10 remote without issues.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've got the same one! I will post my configuration when I'm home.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe this will work:

Place the zipped folder in: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

And don't forget to backup the original.

Attachments

• Knipsel.JPG
      Knipsel.JPG
      104.3 KB
    • Knipsel1.JPG
      Knipsel1.JPG
      116.6 KB
    • InputDeviceMappings.rar
      2.6 KB

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok thanks, I will test asap. I hope it works, I never would have tried the medion version, since its an original X10 Ltd. one, and not medion.
    But still, this again is a workaround, since the X10 type 2 problem is not solved.

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there!

Tested it. Sadly it is not helping in any way, it has the same problems. Even worse, the navigation circle is not usable anymore (and not mappable at all?!).
    Besides that, the X10 and medion remotes might look nearly same, but they definitely are not.

However, the problems themselves are not solved :/

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry to hear. Can't you use eventghost instead, to map the buttons?

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To map the buttons ain't a problem, since I have a licence for X10receiver.net software (even two of them ;) ). It can map any button to anything, and I even use it for AIMP when not using MP, since it can keep the playlist sorted while playing shuffle, something MP can not do either and is a big negative point. But thats a different story. Actually I use X10R to map the pause button to the space bar to pause.

Main issue is, the built-in routines of MP are my preferred options, and if they don't work, a fix is needed. Tho I have to admit I can not really verify this being a problem of MP1.6 or not since I don't know how to. I know how to use workarounds, but they still are workarounds for a broken process. It worked out of the box with up to MP1.5 and still does on my second HTPC. As said either, deinstalling 1.6 and reinstalling 1.5 solves the problem as well, thats the only way I can tell its not my hardware or configuration which messes it up. Tho I am not 100% sure. Its just a hint.

Greetings :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Then the only option would be to post logs, and hopefully someone else can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom