Probably X10 remote bug (1 Viewer)

ThreepH

Portal Pro
August 17, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well yeah, have been at that point more than a whole month ago, asking which files exactly are needed and which not, since the logs do not show anything at all to me. I'd even send a used X10+receiver to a dev member if that would be necessary since I have one in spare, to avoid waiting another two month.
Don't get me wrong, but going in circles talking about workarounds I already use since january doesn't help much if noone since then ever tried to focus on the problem itself. Or even seems interested. I'm just a bit frustrated now, sorry.

When I'm back home from work I hopefully can activate watchdog, reproduce and post another set of logs..

Cheers!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope.
    And since you stated in your second post that your remote is working without issues, it must be a local problem.

We always needs full debug logfiles.

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey there,
    I'll deliver them asap.
    So, if a local problem, where would I start finding the problem? drivers etc are ok, remote works (btw its not the same as CypherMKs since I do not have the medion one) if switching back to 1.5, and the same remote works on another MP with 1.5 as well. Drivers? Guess no. Config? Could there be a problem?

Greetngs!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey there,
    I'll deliver them asap.
    So, if a local problem, where would I start finding the problem? drivers etc are ok, remote works (btw its not the same as CypherMKs since I do not have the medion one) if switching back to 1.5, and the same remote works on another MP with 1.5 as well. Drivers? Guess no. Config? Could there be a problem?

Greetngs!

Did you use the 'learn' function to assign buttons?

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Uh dunno, since I use MP from the very beginning, I have no idea of configuration and of course I don't know how to set up a remote..it just worked magically..
    Seriously, I have two running systems with X10s, which were running up to MP1.5, using MPs from 0.1.0.8 (or somewhat like that) till today.
    DId anyone read this? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/x10-remote-no-pause-while-tv-film.124099/
    I have linked it for a reason.

Are you really asking if I mapped/assigned the buttons?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Uh dunno, since I use MP from the very beginning, I have no idea of configuration and of course I don't know how to set up a remote..it just worked magically..
    Seriously, I have two running systems with X10s, which were running up to MP1.5, using MPs from 0.1.0.8 (or somewhat like that) till today.
    DId anyone read this? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/x10-remote-no-pause-while-tv-film.124099/
    I have linked it for a reason.

Are you really asking if I mapped/assigned the buttons?

I know that I had to do it with my remote. It didn't work like magic.

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok :)
    My point was, of course I had to map it. In every MP version I haved used so far, which includes 1.6. And since it worked up to 1.5, and still does when reinstalling 1.5, I was suspecting MP1.6 for having a possible bug. I am not fully convinced it is a bug, still it could be a local problem. But I can not point on a special issue/mapping problem/whatever. All I can say is, the pause button is mapped to the very same "Pause" menu point as it is in 1.5.

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, managed to make logs with different dates, I hope someone can find something usefull in it. Added the actual and workaround input mappings as well.

Attachments

• InputDeviceMappings.rar
      7.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom