MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: MSI Media Live
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Just received the WinTV Nova-s PCI card this morning and have installed it. I downloaded the latest drivers from Hauppauge and the card works fine using their software. I can view FTA TV and Radio without problem.

I obviously want to add this card to MP but when I go into the config and click Add under Television>Capture Cards I get the error message "No video device was found, you won't be able to configure a capture card" followed by "no video capture card(s) were found, you won't be able to configure a capture card".

I have tried restarting the machine but I'm at a loss for what else to do. I would blame Hauppauges drivers as they are usually shockingly bad but the card is full recognised by windows (device manager) and the Bundled software.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

evilTom

Portal Member
March 27, 2008
Bump!
I'm still having these problems and though i would have another shot at sorting it out.
Has anyone managed to get the Nova-s working in MP? I see it on the supported capture card list but I can't find anything in the forums about it.

Cheers

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

not shure wheather it is still important, but I think that Hauppauge is no bda-driver card and probably not compatibel:mad:
    Dietmar

4real*leb

Portal Member
    May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I couldn't get it working with the downloadable drivers either, make sure you use the drivers that came with the card (on the disc).

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

one should never give up:D

Tron found a technotrend BDA driver for the TT-buget card which is at least compatible to the Hauppauge Win TV Nova PCI satellite card.

regards

Dietmar

willyfonswor

July 24, 2008
    Hi,

I just received my Nova-S today and downloaded the latest drivers off the hauppauge uk site (Was not able to find anything useful on the US site) and it was recognized only after reinstalling the TV-Server. The driver version from Windows device manager is 2.122.26109.0. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom