Problem: audio device remains opened if webradio with upmixing is stopped (1 Viewer)

mp.user

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0.0
    MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD
    Windows Version: Windows 7 HP 64-bit
    Sound Card: Realtek HD (onboard), ALC662, DirectX 11
    Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.6438

Hi,

I have a little problem that seems to be connected to the music plugin somehow.

I use the PureAudio plugin as music player, and I thought I use it for listening webradio, too. But it turned out that the option "Use this plugin for webstreams" in the PureAudio configuration doesn't work at my side. Instead, the BASS engine is the effective player. I have the upmixing feature enabled so that stereo sound is converted to AC3. Unfortunately, I have a little problem that prevents my machine from going to standby: when I stop the webradio, the audio device is not released. I know this because 1.) my AV receiver stays in AC3 mode and 2.) the windows command powercfg -requests shows that the Realtek audio device is still in use.

The problem does not occur when I play a track from my collection (no webradio). Stopping a track releases the device. This is my current workaround - after listening to webradio I play a track and immediately stop it. An alternative is to close Media Portal - then the device is released, too.

Can someone else confirm this problem?
    Can I solve it somehow?

mp.user

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problem: audio device remains opened if webradio with upmixing is stopped

I attached a log where I started Media Portal and then started and stopped webradio.

mp.user

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problem: audio device remains opened if webradio with upmixing is stopped

Does someone have an idea?
    Do you need more info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom