Problem connecting aMPdroid to MPExtended (1 Viewer)

wmcm1976

January 17, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am running aMPdroid v1.0.1 on my android.
MPExtended v0.4.3 on my pc that contains all my media files.
I have opened all applicable ports through my router and also allowed all programs/ports through my windows firewall.
WifiRemote connects intermittently and when connected works to control my MediaPortal but when I try to browse my movies, videos, music I get "No connection to service, wake pc using WOL?"

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit of a noob and have seemed to have hit a roadblock....

Thanks
Wyatt

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks like a configuration, firewall or aMPdroid problem from your logs... Are you sure you have entered the correct connection data in the settings? We'll probably need your aMPdroid logs to say more (there's an explanation of how to get them on the wiki and in their forum iirc).

MarkW

Portal Member
    April 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Related problem here... I can connect perfectly using ampDroid (IT'S AMAZING!), but only if I switch off my Windows firewall. If the firewall is on, then I can only get the WiFiRemote connection to work.

I've opened every port to both tcp and udp traffic for everything in the MPExtend folder, but I must still be missing something. Is there a list of the executables that need to be allowed through the firewall?

b.t.w. All versions are the latest - downloaded two days ago.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try to create a port (4322) based firewall exception instead of a file based one. For some reason (which I don't get either) the file-based exceptions don't work properly with MPExtended.

MarkW

Portal Member
    April 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yup! That worked! As a "gift" for the developers (because I owe them so much, and have not yet given anything in return!) I am attaching a ZIP file of images from every step of the process. Creating a specific port opening in the Windows firewall isn't exactly "trivial" for the average user... though I am guessing that MP users are far from "average" LOL! Nevertheless, a few pictures are worth a thousand words if you're unsure of what you're doing :) ZIP file of images attached...

Thank you for the amazingly rapid support! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

(b.t.w. I guess the photo's will be a dead give-away that I spend far too much time playing WoW! ;-) LOLOLOLOL!)

Attachments

• open_a_windows_firewall_port.zip
      661.3 KB

gautatyr

August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here. Also opened ports 4321 and 4322 on tcp and udp but neither worked. Ampdroid only work if i turn my Vista firewall down. Im using latest versions of MP, extended, web, wifiremote and ampdroid. Any idea wich ports i have to open?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Same problem here. Also opened ports 4321 and 4322 on tcp and udp but neither worked. Ampdroid only work if i turn my Vista firewall down. Im using latest versions of MP, extended, web, wifiremote and ampdroid. Any idea wich ports i have to open?
    If it works without the firewall, you clearly made a mistake when opening the port... Check out the "tutorial" from the previous post, it's probably not that much different on Vista.

Btw for the remote control part you also need port 8017 (WifiRemote default port).

gautatyr

August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If it works without the firewall, you clearly made a mistake when opening the port... Check out the "tutorial" from the previous post, it's probably not that much different on Vista.

Btw for the remote control part you also need port 8017 (WifiRemote default port).

Added this Port to my except-list and now it works. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom