Problem deleting MKV files via GUI (1 Viewer)

Swede

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
West Coast Archipelago
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Fantastic plugin!:)

I recently started to watch 720p series which means that some are MKV files. For some reason they cant be deleted from the plugin.
All other formats (that I have) can be deleted.
Nothing is mentioned in the logs.
I can delete MKV's from MyMovies.
I can delete the file from Windows, so it's not locked in any way.
Anyone else?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I recently started to watch 720p series which means that some are MKV files. For some reason they cant be deleted from the plugin.
    Nothing is mentioned in the logs.
    1. Switch MediaPortal to debug verbosity logging.
    2. Recreate the entire problem (preferably delete one that works and then delete one that fails)
    3. ZIP up all log files and attach them (will move this discussion to a new thread, as you posted a problem in the announcement thread)

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, here we go...

Obviously I was wrong about only MKV files cannot be deleted. When testing, also an Mp4 file refused to delete.
    So, The result:
    Haven Mp4 failed
    Flashpoint Mp4 success
    Supernatural Mkv failed

When doing the test, I noticed another problem. Sometimes MP crashes when starting TvSeries plugin. I will start a new thread about that.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, now I found that the files that cannot be deleted are somehow write protected. Some newly downloaded files are for some reason. Dunno why:notworthy: Stupid Windows!

Guess we can regard this as a non MP problem anyway.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Look into your storage/download system then, there might be a lock on the file, or ACLs/attributes are set.

You can use Process Explorer tool from SysInternals (now owned by Microsoft) to debug this.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have found the reason: Latest uTorrent beta doesnt release the write protect when its closed. Only when you manually remove the file in uTorrent and thats not how I do it. I automate things :)

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Swede. Any version of uTorrent that does not have this problem? Or is it a setting we can change?

Never mind, think I found it myself in the advanced settings:

bt.read_only_on_complete: This option makes downloaded files have the read-only attribute set when torrent is complete. This prevents MP3s and the like from being retagged by media players and corrupted.3.3

I set it to false for now and will let you know if this is thefix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom