Problem installing Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

sebas74

Portal Member
September 16, 2008
Hi,

I am trying to install Moving Pictures, downloaded the lastest version. 1.1.4

Everytime when I try to install (also as an administrator) I get the following error:
"Please shutdown MediaPortal to continue the installation"

Of course MediaPortal or related programs are not started.

Any ideas?

Solved it myself: the downloaded file didn;t want to install, because of the error mentioned above.
Now I started the file (1.1.4.exe) directly from the server, run, and no problems whatsoever...

PeeeWeee

Portal Pro
July 20, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everybody,
I have the same issue. I really tried to end Media Portal and all services I could find, but it still gives me that error. Only the Extension Installer is running, as far as I see. What else can I do?

-Pete

FunkyMunkey

Portal Member
December 4, 2008
Leeds
Home Country
England England
Same problem here with version 1.5.0.1456 when installing via Extension Installer.

I can install by downloading directly from the link in the thread, but it gets about halfway through the 300-film import and causes a BSOD.

Any ideas?

PeeeWeee

Portal Pro
July 20, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
LOL, it got "solved" here, when I installed the Xtreme skin. It brings Moving Pictures, goes through the installation tool, and I had to shutdown nothing ... :confused:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Disable ACL or install MovPic via MPE1 directly.

If you install it indirect via Extensions plugin, or "MediaPortal Extension Installer", you will get the error indicating that MediaPortal is still running (even when it is not).

It will be fixed in next version of MovPic with a proper MPEI file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom