Problem Parsing Media Info (1 Viewer)

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
For a while now a lot of my TV Shows haven't been showing episode length or the majority of the icons for audio codec, etc.
When I run the config program, the following appears for the shows not displaying any time:
2017-05-21 14:12:37.535 [INFO][01]: Updating MediaInfo....(Please be patient!)
2017-05-21 14:12:39.097 [DEBG][07]: Video Duration:
2017-05-21 14:12:39.113 [INFO][07]: Problem parsing MediaInfo for: \\home-med01\tv\Marvels Agents of Shield\marvels.agents.of.s.h.i.e.l.d.s04e22.480p.hdtv.x264.rmteam.mkv, (No retries left)
2017-05-21 14:12:39.144 [INFO][01]: Force update of MediaInfo complete (processed 1 files)

The details in the config program for the file don't list aspect ratio, codec or anything like other shows that have scanned correctly do.

I found an old thread back from 2014 with the same issue and tried the version of mediainfo suggested. I have also tried the latest 32 bit mediainfo file with the same result.
If I use the mediainfo gui, it lists all the information without issue. While watching a show, if I bring up the info it also displays all info okay including icons for audio, etc.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across or has any suggestions.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MediaPortal uses the MediaInfo DLL that it finds depending on your system configuration.

If memory serves me a registry defined entry will overrule the MediaPortal root folder one, so you can get results that do not match your expectations.

Scan your system for all mediainfo.dll files otherwise, and replace them all if needed with the correct latest version (as in replace an existing 64-bit one with 64-bit). The MediaPortal root folder one as you already discovered needs to be a 32-bit one or MediaPortal being a 32-bit application will be unable to use it otherwise.

The file in question can also run into other issues, like being locked by some other process, or corrupt header. For example on my system i disabled the MediaPortal thumbnail generator as it was interfering with the plugin usage of MediaInfo.

Good luck debugging.

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the reply Rochess and apologies for my late response.

I have done a search for mediainfo.dll and the only places it is located is in MediaPortal folders. All are the same version.
    I also did a search for mediainfo in the registry and nothing came up that seemed out of place. In that there seemed to be no references to it.

Where would I find setting info on the thumbnail generator you mentioned? I couldn't see it as a plugin and had a quick look in other options as well.
    Happy to disable it as a test.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply Rochess and apologies for my late response.

Where would I find setting info on the thumbnail generator you mentioned? I couldn't see it as a plugin and had a quick look in other options as well.
    Happy to disable it as a test.

Hi

MePo config -> GUI -> Thumbnails

Also [possibly] TVServerConfig -> Recordings -> Thumbs

Cheers - JCMP

whatisk

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Still no luck with getting the info recognised/showing in TV Series unfortunately. I am beginning to think it may have something to do with the files themselves, however I still find it strange how displaying the info while playing the media shows everything but TV Series can't seem to pick it up on a scan.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi

Do you have ability to look at the DB itself [I use sqlite3 via DOS] - if so................

In the table [I've cropped the columns on path, name etc, just keeping the tech section:) local_episode, is there the video/audio data values are held.

local_episodes (snip.... VideoCodec String, VideoFormat String, VideoFormatProfile String, VideoBitrate String, VideoFrameRate String, VideoAspectRatio String, AudioCodec String, AudioFormat String, AudioFormatProfile String, AudioBitrate String, AudioChannels String, AudioTracks String, TextCount String, writer String, videoWidth__USEREDIT__ String, StopTime String, FileDateAdded__USEREDIT__ String, FileDateCreated__USEREDIT__ String, AvailableSubtitles__USEREDIT__ String, writer__USEREDIT__ String, AudioLanguage String);

Gives (this is for American God 05) :

|xvid|xvid|-1|1143239|23.976|1.778|55|MPEG Audio|Layer 3|128000|2|1|-1|||4|||||-1

If your DB is populated with correct values, suggests to me it's skin related, if not it's suggests import problem or src file problem.

You could try importing a .TS file, just any recording from TV Server, over ride the import values in GUI so it matches something 'real' and see what you get, the you know the input file is 'good' and all the right data should be present.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom