h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Thor 2/3 0.8W
    HTPC Case: Silverstone
    Cooling: 3 x fans
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Firedtv
    TV: Sharp 42LX1D
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

Unfotunately I still have a problem playing iso's even with latest SVN.

I use the automount feature, and Daemon Tools Light 4.12.3.
    I select the iso from my hard disk under the Video menu. The iso is mounted, the screen go black momentarily, but then returns back to the video menu screen without starting the video. I can see that the iso has been mounted but It does not play either even if I select the DT drive it is mounted on.

Logs attached which show that dvd did not play.

The same mounted iso plays perfectly using Windows Media Player, MPC, or Zoomplayer.

This is one of the few remaining problems I have with MP and I would love to get it fixed.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Change Audio/Video codecs to MPV/MPA & navigator to default for DVD & test again.

You also has some errors related to have run GUI Wizard with RC1 & which have then added your tuner to MP in the same time as TV server uses it. To get rid of that to the following(the bug there was fixed in latest svn):
    1. Uninstall TV Server/TVPlugin, sa NO to delete database etc(you don't wanna configure those again).
    2. start MediaPortal -> Television -> Capture cards & delete the one found there
    3. Install TV Server from RC1 again
    4. Install SVN if you used that

Regards
    Roy

entrecour

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Roy,

I didn't have MPV installed so I tried with the Microsoft MPEG2 video codec and AC3Filter (as I use SPDIF) and it worked just fine. :) So the problem seems to be with the NVIDIA Purevideo codec in this case. Is this something I should report to NVIDIA or do you think it's an issue with MP?

Thanks.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    nvidia purevideo hasn't been updated for awhile & MP has had problem with it for a long time(at least i have had).

Regards
    Roy

KiLo81

Portal Member
    March 11, 2008
    Southeast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am also using Nvidia Pure Video codecs and was having the same problem. However I only swithed the DVD navigator to default. This has solved my problem and I still get to use the codecs of my choice.

entrecour

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Home Country
    KiLo81 - just tried that and it works for me also!

:D

entrecour

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Home Country
    OK, so after more extensive testing I found that while the iso can be played by setting DVD Navigator to default I am not able to get back to the MP menu using ESC. I am not able to terminate the MP process either as I can't get focus on the task manager screen so I have to restart the PC. :-(

Any suggestions?

KiLo81

Portal Member
    March 11, 2008
    Southeast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, so after more extensive testing I found that while the iso can be played by setting DVD Navigator to default I am not able to get back to the MP menu using ESC. I am not able to terminate the MP process either as I can't get focus on the task manager screen so I have to restart the PC. :-(

Any suggestions?

Well I haven't really tested on my end after making the change. Ronisle has a point about the Purevideo codec, it has been abandoned for quite awhile not to mention always a having some kind of issue. Even with that being said I still prefered to use it because of H/W acceleration (very low cpu usage). On another note I have switched over to the MPV/MPA codecs for televsion use after having some studdering on my HD channels. I now have no more studdering so far also as a added bonus I don't get that DAMN ANNOYING flickering on the GUI. Quess it might be time to retire Purevideo. Whats a little cpu usage to get proper behaviour from MP?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm also having this issue. Just a few .ISO files work but that has to be 1 out of 10 max.

I've tried every combination of codecs that is possible (installed are ffdshow, coreavc & powerdvd 8) and it's also not working for me when i use the standard DVD Navigator and de MPV/MPA codecs for video/audio.

Would love to have a sollution for this issue :(

** EDIT **

Just found out that it had something to do with assigning the files in MP Config --> Movie Database --> Tab 'Editor' --> FILES.
    MP Fills that box in for ya with the same name the movie has, so if you're actual movie FILE has another name which isn't the same as the name of the folder, you've got a problem.
    Also working again with PDVD8 Navigator + Video codec.

Looks fixed so far, only problem i'm still running into is multiple discs in 1 folder but i'll check that later tomorrow and see if that was just a 1 time problem or still something in the config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom