Problem running 2 monitors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by TripleD, December 3, 2013.

1. TripleD

TripleD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Win7 home 64 bit. Having a problem driving 2 monitors simultaneously, duplicated (as opposed to spreading the desktop across the 2), despite both running fine individually under the same resolution/refresh rate (1280 x 720 @ 60 Hz.)

Vid card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127557

Desktop/2ndary monitor, via VGA: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824197015

HTPC/Primary monitor, via DVI: http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-viera-th-58px600u/4507-6482_7-31813549.html

If I disconnect either monitor (run only ONE) & boot, PC goes to 1280/720/60Hz & all is fine on the connected monitor. If I connect BOTH, PC goes to 800 x 600 60 Hz & refuses to allow another setting (resolution is dimmed in control panel). I am running ATI Catalyst, something I've wrestled with on 2 PC's with setups like this one, and which I have always found to be an extremely frustrating, unintuitive utility. If the answer lies there, I can't figure it out. Is there an alternative to Catalyst? Tried uninstalling Catalyst & drivers twice & reinstalling, no help. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

TD
    [​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. radical

radical Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +219 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    As far as I know, it is not possible to duplicate with two different resoution. Only solution is to extend your dektop setup.

By the way... why don't you have connected your TV over HDMI and your monitor over DVI?

4. Vasilich
    • Team MediaPortal

Vasilich Test Group

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,172 / 2
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    from your link to pnasonic PDP
    so it doesn't support 1280 x 720. And windows selects the max resolution that is supported by both displays

P.S. sorry, have overlooked that you have connected it over HDMI (assuming you have DVI-HDMI adapter) - in that case it should work

Have you tried to configure your monitors as extended desktop? that way you will get independent settings for both monitors. Then you can try to set same resolution/refresh/color depth for both monitors. and after that you can try to switch to clone mode.

Last edited: December 4, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!