problem selecting TV channels by number (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
when watching Live-TV I have problems with typing in a number and going to the correct channel - ie I type in 68 and it actually goes to 72.

I am aware of the "cause" of this, I have 4 channels that I left out of the channel list (this includes channel #1) I can possibly add those 3 back in (tho I would rather not as they are scrambled), but what about #1? when I type in 2 to go to channel 2 (which is the "first" in my channel list) it actually goes to channel #3. is there a way to be able to have channels missing from my list, but still be able to type in 68 and actually go to channel #68? I am using cable as the input.

I hope the above isnt too confusing

Patrick

brsexton

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
VA
I had this issue as well. I had to just added the channels back. For me it was 1,2,14. I added them back and it seems to be fine now. I don't know if there is any way around it.

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
yeah I may resort to that also but what about #1? There isnt a cable channel #1 to add... maybe I can add a "custom" #1 that is video-input rather than cable-input?

Patrick

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Had a similar problem with a Diamond PVR550 Xtreme TV II, had to insert a dummy channel for channel one and a couple of others to make up for the local cable company's non contiguous channel line up, Adelphia cable TV sucks, cable Internet is good though. Now I can enter 61 and get channel 61 and not 64 as I was getting previously.:D

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please do a search. Its part of the "unlogical" channel usage here in europe. :)

You have to enter dummy channels, if you want to jump to the "correct" channel. MP jumps to the index of the channel list, not to the channel. In the latest CVS you can change this behaviour in the setup.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom