Problem viewing movies in fullscreen (stretch-mode) (1 Viewer)

tricke

June 7, 2006
Belgium
Hello,

I'm using Mediaportal with a NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 graphic card and a Pioneer Plasma PDP436XDE (42 inch) - screen.

When I start Mediaportal in Fullscreen-mode (general settings : Fullscreen), I get a blank screen when viewing movies/DVD's in "stretch"-mode ("original"-mode gives me a small display with a wide border).

However, when I start Mediaportal in window-mode and then select "Fullscreen" in "options", the movies plays in stretch-mode without problems.

Does anybody have a similar problem or is this a bug ? Tips are welcome ...

Thanks. Greetz
Tricke

My PC : AMD Sempron 3100+, Microsoft Windows XP Home (NL), 1 GB DDR400, 200GB 7200RPM, DVD-RW Multi, Nvidia Geforce FX 5200, 9-in1 memory reader, Lan 10/100, incl. PS/2 keyboard & scroll mouse

arachnotron

Portal Member
May 25, 2005
The Netherlands
I have the exact same problem, but with an FX5700. The problem is with the nvidia settings, but I am unsure which one is the culprit. I have had it working in fullscreen mode twice, only to get the problem back again after tweaking the nvidia driver for my TV.

I am running the card at 1024x768, 75 Hz (PAL country), with a TV set attached to the s-vid out as primary display.

It looks like some tweaking options in the nvidia driver interfere with the directX acceleration, since disabling "Exclusive DirectX Mode for fullscreen TV/Video" also fixes the problem. Obviously, that is not something I like to do.

I suspect it has something to do with the overscan settings, but I have to do some further testing.

tricke

June 7, 2006
Belgium
I am running my card at 1280 x 768 (= maximum resolution for my screen).

I tested on different resolutions but without result ...

Before I installed the NVidea-card, I used an ATI Radeon 9250-card which had the same problem ...

I'll keep on testing ... If you find something : let me know.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If you have set your fonts to large: I've fixed this for a firend (and so could probably you if you searched the forums :twisted: :)
    1. Set the font size in XP to normal
    1b. Set PPT to normal (perhaps not necessary)
    2. Uninstall MP
    3. Delete MP folder (won't work with only re-inst.)
    4. Install MP and patch
    5. FIXED!

jhoff81

Portal Member
    July 26, 2006
    Wait, does that mean that you can't set windows fonts back to large after installing MP? If thats so, this fix is entirely worthless.

arachnotron

Portal Member
    May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thanks! I was using large fonts too. Weird problem. I wonder where the bug is - windows, nvidia or mediaportal.

Next stop: trying to find a workaround that works with big fonts. :-(

jhoff81

Portal Member
    July 26, 2006
    I agree, there has to be some other workaround that can be used. Don't get me wrong, I really like Mediaportal, but not enough to make it so that I can't see anything else on my desktop. This solution is quite frankly, a little ridiculous. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the next version.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I read somewhere that this is a XP / WMP bug... not a MP one (although MP is dependant/based on the former)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom