Problem w. Pinnacle PCTV 310i and Media Portal (2 Viewers)

A

aerk

Area: Media Portal / TV-capturing thingy.
MP Version: Latest
Skin: Orginal skin
Windows Version: Swedish Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
CPU Type: AMD XP 2500+
Memory: 768mb DDR
Motherboard Chipset: manufacturer and model
Video Card: XFX Geforce MX 4000
Video Card Driver: Latest
Video Render Type: VMR9 or Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: ffdShow abd Dscaler (?)
Audio Codec Type & Version: ffdShow (?)
TV Card:
Pinnacle PCTV Mediacenter 310i
TV Card Type: TV/DVB-T/FM/PVR,Time Shifting
TV Card Driver: Latest
Optional Log: parts of the "/log/MediaPortal.log" which show an issue
Optional References: any reference

Synopsis:
The problem is that I can't get any tv-channels to show up in Media Portal (or any other program for that matter). Autotuning doesn't work at all. I downloaded some other driver and it autotuned but didn't find anything.

I installed everything yesterday and since then I've tried to get this shit to work. And now I'm tired of trying. I've honestly done everything I can think of.
I've formatted the PC, just because I screwed up the first time. I've updated the drivers, tested booth Meedio, Media Portal and Dscaler.
I just can't get a picture! The program that followed with the card said something about that it couldn't access the hardware. I updated the software to it and it didn't help!

I will do anything to get this to work. If someone just could point me in the right direction, or even better: tell me what I should do if i format the pc again and step-by-step tell me what to install first etc, I would be deeply thankfull.

Thanks for any help regarding this problem!

(sorry about the language)

/aerk

M

MEE

I have the same card with the same problem.
After searching the forum it seems like the card is not supported in MP.
If you get it to work or someone else know how please answer.

MagnusT

July 1, 2005
I'm running some Twinhan cards instead now but to get the 310i to work I think I added this to the capturecardsdefinitions.xml:

<capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle 310i DVBT" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d0#4">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="false"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

or maybe I'm confusing things...

N

nairolf

Hi, I'm a french user of MP and I've got a 310i too.
Of course this card doesn't work with media portal and the code of MagnusT not seem to work for me (Tv mode is off and can't be turn on).
I want to try to make it compatible with MP but I can't find any help to make good XLM for this card with graph edit.
Where can I find it (a way to use graphedit to make the good xlm file)
Thanks for help.

Sorry for my poor english! :?

topias

August 31, 2005
310i and digital channels cant't found/can't search

Hi,

i bought Pinnacle 310i and believe that it works with MP. When i add Capture Card, i cant'n choose my digital card, only analog.

If i choose digital card -> i get error message : "Unable to create graph for this device!!!". Anyone have this same problem or already fix it?

Can i use Pinnacle remote with MP? I didn't get it work

-T-

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here is the correct code which is in CVS...

Code:
    <capturecard commercialname="Pinnacle 310i TNT" capturename="Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_002f11bd&amp;rev_d0"> 
        <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities> 
        <tv> 
          <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
          <filters> 
            <filter cat="networkprovider"	name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider"			checkdevice="false"></filter> 
            <filter cat="tunerdevice"		name="Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA DVBT Tuner"		checkdevice="true"></filter> 
            <filter cat="capture"			name="Pinnacle PCTV 310i BDA Digital Capture"	checkdevice="true"></filter> 
          </filters> 
          <connections> 
             <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection> 
             <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice"     sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture"     sinkpin="0"></connection> 
          </connections> 
        </tv> 
      </capturecard>

If that does not work then post your MediaPortal.log file.

DMAN

nickepicke

October 6, 2005
    Pinnacle Remote

Hi Topias, I dont know what pinnacle remote you got or if there is more than one kind of remote from pinnacle, anyway I use my P. Remote to MP and it workes just fine.

I dont realy know how to explain how but send me a pm if you still are intrested.

Nemes

November 18, 2005
    hi dman_lfc, i'm an italian guy so please excuse my english :cry:

i've a 310i card but seems not to work with MP for me, i check the code that you have posted here and is exactly what i find in my capturecarddefinition.xml, the card is correctly recognised but...

..in MPSetup when i try to autotune i get the message "this device does not support auto tuning"
    if i try a second time i don't get that message again, i get instead the country selection window (this sound strange to me but..)

i manually edit the dvbt.xml with the frequency i found online for my country, so i select italy.

at this point i get this msg "an unhandled exception as occurred in your application.... .....object reference not set to an instance of an object"
    (all the details below)

note that i get this error even before i edit the dvbt.xml, when i try to select europe

well, at this point i click continue and get the "found all tv channel" window but the autoscan do not found anything, no one channel (note that at the first try the autoscan seems not working, i have to stop it and click it again to have the scan bar and the frequency pointer working).

i hope you or someone else can help me to have MP working with my card, i think its a great program :D

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.DVBGraphBDA.Tune(Object tuningObject, Int32 disecqNo)
       at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.TVCaptureDevice.Tune(Object tuningObject, Int32 disecqNo)
       at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.DVBTTuning.ScanNextFrequency(Int32 offset)
       at MediaPortal.TV.Recording.DVBTTuning.Next()
       at MediaPortal.DigitalTVTuningForm.DigitalTVTuningForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
        Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Configuration
        Assembly Version: 1.0.2070.35196
        Win32 Version: 1.0.2070.35196
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Configuration.exe
    Core
        Assembly Version: 1.0.2070.35192
        Win32 Version: 1.0.2070.35192
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Core.DLL
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
    System
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
    Databases
        Assembly Version: 1.0.2070.35193
        Win32 Version: 1.0.2070.35193
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Databases.DLL
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
    System.ServiceProcess
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.serviceprocess/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.serviceprocess.dll
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
        Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
        Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DLL
    System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll
    System.Data
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll
    TVCapture
        Assembly Version: 1.0.2070.35193
        Win32 Version: 1.0.2070.35193
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/TVCapture.DLL
    RemotePlugins
        Assembly Version: 1.0.2070.35194
        Win32 Version: 1.0.2070.35194
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/RemotePlugins.DLL
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput
        Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX
        Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL
    TaskScheduler
        Assembly Version: 1.1.1007.26951
        Win32 Version: 1.1.1007.26951
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/TaskScheduler.DLL
    Interop.TunerLib
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Programmi/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Interop.TunerLib.DLL
    System.Management
        CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.management/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
    application or machine (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
    rather than being handled by this dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom