Problem with Automatic refresh rate changer. (1 Viewer)

johsgjerde

Portal Member
November 20, 2011
Hi.

I have a problem with auto refresh rate changer. It changes refreshrate correctly, but then I get "mediaportal has stopped working" so it crashes.

I tried juggling around with the settings but no luck.

I have a ATI 5870, and am running HDMI to my AV-receiver and TV.

I don't know how to make the appropriate logs to post here, so if anyone can give me a hint on how I'll be glad to post my logs.

Anyone?

johsgjerde

Portal Member
November 20, 2011
I tried debug mode but then it was working perfectly in both with and without skin/extensions!

Then back to normal mode and it crashes. Known issue?

johsgjerde

Portal Member
November 20, 2011
Can you look
here
here

and

here

is that your case and do you use EventGhost?

I already searched the forums before making my post. No I don't use eventghost as far as I know. Never heard of it before I read those posts. I launch mediaportal through a shortcut from my start menu...[DOUBLEPOST=1352033973][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh my. I solved it and feel like a complete idiot.

I saw in an other thread that running MP maximized could cause this. I set it to normal window in the shortcut, and then it works. And I have been launching from this messed up shortcut for months, maybe years.... I am embarassed... :p :D

Anyway. Run MP in normal window and set it to run fullscreen in MP-settings. It then solves this problem with MP crashing after refreshratechange.

To you who posted thx. I feel like a newb..... haha.

Regards. Johannes

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    :) no problem. I'm glad that you resolved your issue. Sometimes I just think that we need to gather problems like this into wiki with possible fixes so it will be easier to find then searching forum :).

johsgjerde

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    I definately found several other similar issues with this when I searched the forums, so it should be documented somewhere. The unlogical thing about it is that it is the setting in the windows shortcut. Not in MP-settings. MP runs in whatever setting you set it to anyway as far as i know. But that the windows shortcut can cause an error like this is a bit weird.

Anyway this had caused me to manually set refreshrates in CCC for over a year maybe two now. lol i say. Now I will don't have to anymore so that is great.... :D
    It is actually kind of typical that it is a stupid thing like this that caused that essential function for me as I watch both things in 24 and 25 fps.

Greets. Johannes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom