Problem with BBC One HD and BBC HD with DVXA (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using Windows 7 x64 and Freeview HD myself... only codec that works flawlessly with BBC HD is Microsofts DMO decoder. I notice you haven't tried it. Freeview HD is still 1440x1080 h.264 so maybe that will work for you. I'm guessing you're using Sky or Freesat?

BBC HD & BBC One HD works fine here with Windows 7 codecs. You might find the ION just isn't powerful enough for 1080i the deinterlacing involved adds quite a significant burden to the GPU along with the MP GUI. I had to upgrade from a 8200 integrated to a GT220 as 1080i would judder...

Have you tried owlsroots dshowhelper? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nter-dshowhelper-community-development-81148/ That may help reduce the judder on your ION. Also the 266 nVidia graphics drivers many have said have caused stutters, some are saying the nVidia Tesla 263.06 drivers are better.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For those not using Windows 7, the CoreAVC 2 codec is working very well on my system (I'd tried all sorts of codecs before being tipped off about CoreAVC by somebody on here).

It's the only codec I've found that plays BBC1 HD, BBC HD and ITV HD reliably. PDVD10 was close but kept doing weird things. The current version will only do hardware decoding on nVidia CUDA, but it runs fine in software-only mode on my system with the (ATI) GPU just dealing with the deinterlacing. My CPU is an Athlon 64 x2 4450e and runs at about 60% load when watching an HD channel.

The next version of CoreAVC is supposed to be able to run on ATI GPUs as well.

Rob

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    Hi All,

Update after a week.

1. My Win 7 with ION is working great with Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder codec, this is with live and recorded events.

2. My WinXP with 9400 is working great with CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10) 1.0.0.2229, the issues I seen earlier with changing between the different types of HD channels has not been seen again after a reboot.

Thanks Hoborg and mm1352000.

Quake505

Set3

Portal Member
    June 4, 2008
    Hoborg,

Also here after a weeks testing : SAP5 solved my video problems, works perfectly again !
    For audio, I have gone back to ac3filter, was working better with my THX sound system.

Thanks guys !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom