[solved] Problem with Danish movies and series (1 Viewer)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    We can/should probably change this if @Developers agree?
    I think it's by design for a reason. Currently it's not possible to have multiple languages for the media item metadata. Imagine that you have a girl friend that doesn't speak English and she has some media in her native language that she would like to read about just like everybody else. I wouldn't want to import everything in her native language just to accomplish this. Another example could be kids. My kids currently don't speak/read English very well and they have some Danish kid movies etc. that they can read about because currently the metadata is Danish. I on the other hand don't want everything imported in danish just for this, and so all my English movies show English metadata. I agree that this is not expected behavior and we should have a setting for enabling the current behavior which should be disabled by default. I would very much like to still be able use the current behavior though.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I agree that this is not expected behavior and we should have a setting for enabling the current behavior which should be disabled by default. I would very much like to still be able use the current behavior though.
    Sounds good, so we just need a 'prefer metadata in audio language' setting.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I think it's by design for a reason. Currently it's not possible to have multiple languages for the media item metadata. Imagine that you have a girl friend that doesn't speak English and she has some media in her native language that she would like to read about just like everybody else. I wouldn't want to import everything in her native language just to accomplish this. Another example could be kids. My kids currently don't speak/read English very well and they have some Danish kid movies etc. that they can read about because currently the metadata is Danish. I on the other hand don't want everything imported in danish just for this, and so all my English movies show English metadata. I agree that this is not expected behavior and we should have a setting for enabling the current behavior which should be disabled by default. I would very much like to still be able use the current behavior though.

I suppose I can see the logic here - if you are watching a foreign language film it maybe follows that you want to read the metadata in that language too, but I would expect the default behaviour to be to download the metadata in the language which matches the regional settings for the system that MP2 is installed on.

Anyway, having the option to do either / both would be ideal if it can be done. :)

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Has anyone noticed that this issue has gone away with version 2.2? If I re-import a foreign language movie, even though the title remains in the native language, the metadata has now changed to English.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Reimporting works temporarily, but something is running in the background (share refresh?) which changes it back again after a few minutes.

Last edited:

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Has anyone noticed that this issue has gone away with version 2.2? If I re-import a foreign language movie, even though the title remains in the native language, the metadata has now changed to English.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Reimporting works temporarily, but something is running in the background (share refresh?) which changes it back again after a few minutes.
    Same here. I saw the reimport feature, so thought, great, I can now finally choose the language I want, but for me at least reimport does absolutely nothing.

Also oddly, for the 4 series of Bron/The Bridge, the first two series are incorrectly classified as the US series, The Bridge, and the series 3 and 4 are shown as Bron with Swedish metadata.

Please, please, please can we just have it so that the scraping is done in the language selected, not based on the audio language. For those odd cases where you might want a hotch potch of metadata languages, make that an option.

Also, BTW in the reimport dialogue, its a scraper not a scrapper, two entirely different things :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @henso
    I honestly didn't follow up this topic and it might be, that already something was pushed I'm not aware of to current WiP2.2.1 branch.
    If not, can you take a look and add the discussed setting?
    I also personally would like to have it, because I live in a household with 4 languages spoken and partly I prefer to show some movies in their original language as no or poor translation of details available :) Thanks.

I agree that this is not expected behavior and we should have a setting for enabling the current behavior which should be disabled by default. I would very much like to still be able use the current behavior though.

Yes, but it should be better ‘prefer metadata in language of first audio track’ to make it very clear.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks.

FYI, I should add that the Reimport function does seem to work now. No idea why it wasn't working before.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If not, can you take a look and add the discussed setting?
    I recently pushed changes where there is a new setting for this issue. Could you check if it works?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom