Problem with H264 playback (1 Viewer)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If you hit shift+1 (!) on the keyboard, what are the rendering stats like ?

Tony

I see between 20fps to 27fps with lots of frame drops... this frame rate is higher then I had when I started (before running through SAF procedure).

Having problems attaching screenshots now... here's what it says for me:

last 0.00 fps (960x680) 100 backbu X8R8G8B8, adapter X8R8G8B8 (D16) False
    VMR9 28.63 avg fps:26.35 sync:105 drawn:651 dropped:502 jitter:23

Not sure how it shows 26fps when it's dropping 502 or 651 frames.

The problem is your Cyberlink Audio Decoder. I have tried many hours to get Cyberlink Audio Decoder to work with no results.
    You can try AC3Filter or you can replace the MpaDecFilter.ax in MP dir. You can dowload it on Browse Media Player Classic - Home Cinema Files on SourceForge.net .
    Then use build in MPA decoder as your audio decoder.

Good luck!

I'm not using Cyberlink audio... I use that just for MPEG2 and it works fine.

I did try the latest and greatest MPA Decoder Filter... it seems to have the same results.
    What audio decoder are you using for x264 playback then?

I started with ffdshow and also tried MPA decoder filter with similar results.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    could you make a graph screenshot:
    1. zoomplayer playing the file without stutter
    2. mediaportal playing the file with stutter

is your monitor/gfx frequency set correctly? (NTSC 60Hz, PAL 50 Hz)

I have posts with snapshots of graph in MediaPortal already in this thread...

I cannot seem to attach graphstudio to zoomplayer but I took a snapshot of the filter properties... it's attached.

My TV is set to NTSC 60Hz....

Attachments

• graph-zoom.png
      graph-zoom.png
      96.3 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From the rendering FPS results it does look like you are having video card performance issues with interlaced H264.

Is it OK with progressive (non-interlaced) H264 ?

Does it play 1080i MPEG-2 files OK (if you have any) ?

(There are some useful progressive and interlaced MPEG-2 & H264 HD test files here - HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker - AVS Forum )

Take a look at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0-a-58486/ as well - this is basically about video card performance issues with interlaced HD video.

I'd also turn off any video noise reduction/sharpening etc in the nVidia control panel.

Tony

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
    Windows Version: Win 7 x64
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 240
    HDD: WD 500Gig
    Memory: 2 Gb DDR2 800
    Motherboard: Asus m4n78 Pro
    Video Card: N'Vidia 9600
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: High Def (on board)
    Sound Card AC3: Optical out to 5.1 amplifier
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2200
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T/Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 090317_22xx_7.6.1.27076(WHQL_Signed)
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: Haali
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20M
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Imon Pad
    TV: Panasonic TH-42PZ800A
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have just moved to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MP 1.1 beta.
    I also was having problems with H264 stuttering and dropping lots of frames.
    For me it turned out to be the EVR rendering. When I switched back to VRM9 the stuttering went away.

However the problem was only on videos in standard definition. I have a few BluRay rips in 720P and 1080P that are H264 and they play fine. :confused::confused:

Cheers
    Leon

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    From the rendering FPS results it does look like you are having video card performance issues with interlaced H264.

Is it OK with progressive (non-interlaced) H264 ?

Does it play 1080i MPEG-2 files OK (if you have any) ?

(There are some useful progressive and interlaced MPEG-2 & H264 HD test files here - HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker - AVS Forum )

Take a look at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0-a-58486/ as well - this is basically about video card performance issues with interlaced HD video.

I'd also turn off any video noise reduction/sharpening etc in the nVidia control panel.

Tony

I downloaded these files... it does show that I'm having an issue with deinterlacing...

In MP, I'm able to play the 1080i file but it drops lots of frames. I can't even play the 1080p file in MP (another issue).

In zoom, I can play the 1080p file without issue without any dropped frames... but the 1080i file drops lots of frames...

So, after looking more closely, it looks like Zoom is having issues too... I've been turning so many dials and switches that I must have messed something up so that now Zoom and MP both have a deinterlacing problem.

I set the CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9) properties "Force Weave" in zoom, and now the 1080i sample plays perfectly in zoom!!! Getting there...

For the exact same video and same graph in MP, there are dropped frames... is MP setting the deinterlacing somewhere?

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Tony

This thread was *very* insightful... looks like the changes made after 1.0Final may mean that my CPU/GPU combo is not sufficient for 1080i... looks like I have to go shopping :)

I'll do some more tinkering, but I think that's where I'll end up.

Thanks all for your help.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If you are looking at video cards for MP, AMD/ATi HD4670 or nVidia 9500GT/GT220 are probably the baseline cards you should consider.

Tony

Ya, I saw that in the thread above... I was thinking of just getting more card and no dealing with this anymore... probably going to pickup a NVidia GTS250 DDR3 1GB (or 512MB if I can't find a 1GB).... a bit more expensive and loud, but I won't be complaining about dropped frames, I bet.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom