[confirm] Problem with Hibernation (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a problem with the system stability when it goes into hibernation which is new since my upgrade to RC2.

The system does not always hibernate correctly and hangs with a frozen MP screen. When I kill the mediaportal.exe process, the system instantly hibernates.

Since installing RC2, I have had to tick the option within powerscheduler to force hibernate even if process is stopping hibernation, which I have never had to do before with RC1 or earlier SVNs or even 1.0.2. My method of RC2 install was a successful update from RC1 rather than a fresh install.

Attached are logs for the event, but this is not a reliably repeatable issue, hence not being in debug mode.

I also seem to have a memory leak on recovery from hibernation (again, not reliably reproduced) which I am yet to get the log files for. When the system recovers from hibernation, the memory allocation for mediaportal.exe seems to keep counting up and up, but I just have a black MP screen. I will post these logs as soon as I can.

Thanks

Robbo100

MediaPortal Version: Beta 1.1.0.0 with RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: X-Factor
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel E7400
    HDD: 700 GB on 2 drives (3 volumes) locally with 1GB FreeNAS
    Memory: 2 GB DDR2
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L
    Video Card: NVIDIA 9400GT
    Video Card Driver: NVIDIA Latest
    Sound Card: Onboard REALTEK
    Sound Card AC3: Coaxial Out
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    1. TV Card: Pinnacle 300i
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest
    2. TV Card: Compro Videomate S350
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: Latest
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 9
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: UK Freesat
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Cyberlink
    TV: Toshiba (not sure of model will check later but 32" and about 3 years old)
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

mossym

Portal Member
    May 19, 2006
    have had the black screen on resume as well with the ever increasing memory usage. it's intermittant for me and i have had no problems going into hibernation. i have the option to restart mediaportal on resume turned on as well

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Make sure PowerScheduler plugin is enabled on both TV Server and MediaPortal.
    Make sure you have disabled Windows' own power saving features (hibernate/suspend after x minutes of inactivity)
    Never put the system to hibernation/suspend using the power button on the chassis or the remote.

Also in both MediaPortal and TV Server, in PowerScheduler plugin, enable extensive logging. Then reproduce the issue and post new logs. Note that at midnight all logs are renamed to *.bak and new logs are created. As a result if the hibernation occurs before midnight and resume after, all important information has been moved to the *.bak files, that is why it is important to post full logs. Use "MediaPortal Debug mode" shortcut to collect full logs.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I have the powerscheduler correctly configured, and it worked fine before with RC1.

I will try to gather the logs, but it is intermittent, so it difficult to get. Especially if it happens while I am at work and someone else does a re-boot.

Will get back asap.

robbo100

LeJimster

Portal Member
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I had my RC2 hang on waking from S3 sleep today. If I turn my HTPC on before my tv it tries to resize itself. It was stuck in the 1/4 screen size and hung. I had to kill the process and relaunch because ALT + F4 wasn't working.

If it's any relavance it was hung on the TV page (with the list of actions: Active recordings, streams, tv guide etc)

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    I have a problem with power scheduler too. I only appear to have power scheduler on the tv server its just not there to enable on the client. I have searched and searched for the client plugin but just cannot find it.

Any help much appreciated.

I have installed RC2 on a different machine and its got the powerscheduler plugin whereas my primary systems doesnt.

I tried to copy the processplugin.dll (they were different versions) but starting the configuration tool and accessing the plugins causes error.

I am really confused - should I reinstall RC2 on my main system and if I do will I lose all the settings?

fortuna

Portal Member
    October 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had my RC2 hang on waking from S3 sleep today. If I turn my HTPC on before my tv it tries to resize itself. It was stuck in the 1/4 screen size and hung. I had to kill the process and relaunch because ALT + F4 wasn't working.

If it's any relavance it was hung on the TV page (with the list of actions: Active recordings, streams, tv guide etc)

same here. when this will happen again. i post some logs.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Attached is another log which includes the .bak files. This should show the hibernation the day before followed by the wake-up the next day.

On this occasion the computer hibernated, but when it woke up the next day it hung (black screen with the windows bar on the bottom). I killed the Mediaportal.exe process, at which point the computer immediately went back into hibernation.

As I said in my earlier post, with RC1 I did not need to have the option "force hibernation even if another process is active" but with RC2 I do.

Logs attached.

Attachments

• hibernation and resume 2.rar
      30.7 KB

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi, same here, black screen and totally hung MP exe on resume from standby. Will post logs asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom