Problem with Hid device (1 Viewer)

bart594

Portal Member
January 17, 2006
Hi,

I have a Intervideo remote. It's a USB Hid device and i have following problem Every time when Media Portal start's up the remote stops working. I must plug reciever out and plug him in so remote starts working again. When i do this then it works like charm.

I'm using Media Portal Release 0.2 RC2 on Windows XP SP2.
On Media portal Release 0.1.3 i have the same problem

any ideas what is wrong ?,
thanks in advance

barbq777

April 5, 2006
I have the same problem in the RC3 version. It seems media portal completely shuts down the HID remote receiver.

Does someone have an idea how to avoid this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks for your help.
Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks...
HI. I am having big problems with this. I went through the instructions online a couple of weeks ago and I seem to get the full TV...
Replies
Views
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
Replies
Views
Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
Hi, I've been using Media Portal now for several years and never experienced any problems. It's a fantastic piece of software. At...
Replies
Views
"google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local network all services work, but when I try to connect from outside, the TV does not work on the laptop, it is ok on the smartphone thanks to the "MPextended" plug. I have a public IP at home and I...
"google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
"google translator" Hello I have a problem connecting to the server and watching TV. At home I have a TV server and in the local...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom