Problem with intermittent artifacts on display (1 Viewer)

mayrog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 25, 2008
    New South Wales
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have previously posted this problem under General Support but suggestions there seemed to have petered out...

I am trying to set up an MP 1.2.3 client on a Shuttle XS35V3 nettop (D2700 CPU + GMA3650 GPU) and, when I play a video in MP, I get, intermittently, screen artifacts as shown in attached screenshot.
    ScreenShot.jpg
    Relevent points are:
    1. The problem occurs on a wide variety of video file types.
    2. Sometimes MP does start playing videos without any problem and it continues to do so until I shut it down. However the problem usually re-occurs when I start it again.
    3. The problem never happens when I play the same files with WMP.
    4. The problem does not appear to be display related - I have tried two TV screens & one PC monitor with same result.
    5. It is not server or link related. The video files I am testing are installed on the Shuttle HD.

The attached screenshot and logs were taken immediately after I had done a clean reinstallation of Win7 & MP.

I would be grateful for all advice.

mayrog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 25, 2008
    New South Wales
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Problem solved - thanks to the folk at the XBMC forum!! They knew that GMA 3650 GPU could cause video problems with its "latest" (Intel site currently recommended) VGA driver 8.14.8.1065.

Solution is an undocumented *.1077 driver. Now my little Shuttle XS35V3 has no problem with MP 1.2.3 OR XBMC "Earl". (Must admit I'm now rather waiting for "Frodo")

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom