Problem with Medion remote control (1 Viewer)

venray

April 28, 2005
Netherlands
Hello Media Portal users,

Since the new version of media portal (0.1.3.0) the remote controle doesn't work anymore.... :( With previous versions it worked perfect.
I installed the newest version of Kaburke's input device mapper.
In the configuration I could use and install my remote again, just the same way as in older versions. But when I start Media Portal 0.1.3.0 it doesn't recordnize the remote anyore..
The medion remote worked perfect with older versions of Media Portal. Does anyone know a solution to use this remote with the new version of Media Portal? Please...

M

Mediamaster

Hi "Venray",

My Medion remote is working on my Medion PC under MP 0.1.3.0. So it can work!

I got some help from Kaburke. Reason: the latest InputDeviceMapper file was corrupt after unzipping it. He solved my problem by sending the unzipped file by mail. It might be your problem too!

I don't have any audio in home recorded TV files. Is this problem familiar to you?

Regards, Paul

Mountyy

October 19, 2005
Medion remote control software

I have also a medion pc but i can't use my remote control. Can someone help me with it... do i need software or something like that. If so can you tell me where i can get it....

Thnx
Mountyy

rosco99

Portal Member
May 10, 2005
MossVale, NSW, Australia
Re: Medion remote control software

Mountyy said:
I have also a medion pc but i can't use my remote control. Can someone help me with it... do i need software or something like that. If so can you tell me where i can get it....

Thnx
Mountyy
Have you registered Media portal in your Imon set up.
There is also a mediaportal.imo file on this forum that you can import into imon to make your imon remote control media portal. The imo file is for an imon pad but you can modify it if you have rsc. I did this late last night but have not had a chance to test its full operation yet.

venray

April 28, 2005
Netherlands
Got it working!!

I made a backup from the Media Portal Directory.
Then I uninstalled Media Portal, after that I removed the directory.

Then I made a new "clean"install from Media Portal 0.1.3.
Then I copied the db3 files (capture card televison and radio settings) fom the backup directory.
After that I downloaded the latest Input Device Mapper from Kaburke.
Then I downloaded the X10 remote plugin. After that I started to install Media Portal, in the plugins menu I selected the Input Device Mapper and started installing some commands. Then I started Media Portal again and my Medion remote worked!!!
Finally I copied the other files (tv thumbs, internet radio stations etc.) from the backup directory to het Media Portal directory.
Now I have a complete working Media Portal again!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom