Problem with Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

I've tried all sorts to fix this, and cannot sort it. I've even spent time removing and reinstalling MediaPortal today but it has made no difference.

When going into Moving Pictures it looks like the attached. It even looks like this in the StreamedMP skin.

Can someone please advise as I am pulling my hair out now.

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    91.5 KB

MiBe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

same here. While a list by genre seems to work all other lists produce strange texts (as seen at Adam86's attachment). A re-install of Moving Pictures did not solve the problem...

Any solutions?

Thanks,
    MiBe

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    In order for Moving-Pictures plugin to work for Titan skin, you need to use Titan Extended theme. Please install the Titan Extended MPEI plugin and verify that you have the latest version by running the Titan Extended updater.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Titan Extended was already installed and at the latest version when i was having this problem.

I actually fixed it by removing all the movies from the Moving Pictures database and then readding the directory again.

Cheers

MiBe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I already have the extended theme and the latest version (according to MPEI plugin) in use. One thing that helped a bit is to generate an own section "Moving Pictures" within Titan with subsections like "All Movies" or "Genre". But still, it does not show me all movies within "all movies" but only ca. 100 out of 500. Within the section "Genre" in some genre types it blends in the information about the last movie I highlighted before and blocks any other action (like scrolling...). Strange.

I think I'll try to read in the movie database again.

Regards,
    MiBe

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Same issue here. Any fixes yet?

EDIT: If I replace the movingpictures.xml with that from MP1.3 then it works. File attached for those with same issue, until fix is found. Rename your existing Mediaportal\skin\titan\movingpictures.xml to .bak and then save the attached file into the same folder

Attachments

• Screengrab.jpg
      Screengrab.jpg
      175.6 KB
    • movingpictures.xml
      5.3 KB
    Last edited:

MiBe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried a different skin, but the problem persisted.

For me the problem was solved when I removed the old movie database and read the movies in again into a new database - as Adam86 already mentioned. But the way sleepycol suggested seems to be less time expensive. ;-)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Can any devs confirm this problem, I believe my fix isn't the best solution but who wants to re-scan movie databases, especially when custom titles and images have been used/added etc. It would take forever to get the database back to how it was.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Same issue here. Any fixes yet?

EDIT: If I replace the movingpictures.xml with that from MP1.3 then it works. File attached for those with same issue, until fix is found. Rename your existing Mediaportal\skin\titan\movingpictures.xml to .bak and then save the attached file into the same folder

It seems you get error :
    Code:
    [2013-06-23 10:06:12,584] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [INFO ] - ERROR: unknown control:<togglebutton>

Then later :
    Code:
    [2013-06-23 10:06:24,697] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.MovingPicturesGUI.OnPageDestroy(Int32 new_windowId)
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Can you try with defaultwide skin ?
    Can you try to disable OnlineVideo ?

Can you try MovingPictures attached bin :)

Attachments

• moving-pictures-setup_1.4.0-Toggle-Bluray.zip
      4.5 MB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Export your existing dbase with MovPicNFO tool, you can do a super quick off-line XBMC scraper-script import then, that retains details+artwork (assuming you configured the export in MovPicNFO correct and the import in MovPic (you have to adjust XBMC scraper-script in top priority)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom