Problem with MP - Epia M10000 + PVR350 (1 Viewer)

W

warli

Hi Folks,

I use the MP 0.1.0.5.1 and 0.1.0.6 on an EPIA M10000 with a PVR350 TV Card.
Ive read that many guys run the MP like this.

Here are my Specs:
Via Epia M10000
512 MB DDR-Kingston
Hauppauge PVR-350
Western Digital 160 Gig

Software:
Windows XP sp2
PowerDVD XP
ffdshow 2005.02.04
GPL MPEG Decoder
Media Portal 0.1.0.5.1/0.1.0.6
PVR-350 Driver: hcw2_2_22301_pp2

So, in Windows XP there is no Problem to play an DivX or any other Movies and the same with watching TV in WinTV2000. The CPU are round a boud 30-40%. If i start MP with the GUI (mce), my CPU going up to 60-70% without watching anything.

After i start MyTV the CPU goes to 100% and iam not able to watch. There is the TV Signal but it runs with 1 picture per minute.... :?
The same, but a little bit faster (~5 picture per second), during watching DivX Movies / mpeg.

So i still have DirectX9c and yes ffdshow are select in MP. Ive read this forum for a long time, testet all these settings which was postet, but nothing happens.

The only thing that changed:
CPU was ~50% in MP 0.1.0.5.1 during idle and >85% in 0.1.0.6 with the same GUI (mce).

Hope anyone can help me or give me some support.

Thanks
Warli

// btw: nice Software @ MediaPortal

spo

Portal Member
September 23, 2004
Denmark, 56.0500N 10.0000E
hi warli

I'm using the epia m10000 also - with an PVR250 tuner - and it run's as good as I can expect it to do - considered the rather slow cpu.

I can't get in touch with my configuration at the moment ( in the middle of a recording / full screen ) but one thing I remember is, that I have to run in Overlay mode, and use the RCA port for connecting to TV. The S-Video port isn't quick enough for me to have smooth television.

I have uploaded my settings to my web here:

http://spoweb.dk/mediaportal/MP_Config.zip

You might get some help from those?

/spo

W

warli

Thanks spo,

i will try these settings tomorrow as soon as poosible. My Epia runs with a normal Computer Monitor (VGA) for debugging. So if at any time my MP should be OK, i´ll use the RFA.

I think the reason of my problem is the high CPU usage. If the MP runs in window mode (not fullscreen) TV and Divx/mpeg are fine.
In the liveTV, it is a little bit slow, but in fullscreen (fullscreen = windowmode fullscreen) its ok.

Please give me a suggestion - my CPU usage must slow down..... how!?

Thanks
Warli

W

warli

Hi again,

spo, your settings make my MP slower as it was. :cry:
I try a lot (ffdshow on/off, Overlay-VMR, different codex and other settings) but the best settings ive found was to slow for watching TV or Movies.

I think there must be a way to get the MP on my EPIA run.
Please help me to find it. All users with an running MP on a system like mine, pls help me :oops:

Today i´ll make a new install of WindowsXP and start from the beginning. Please help me to make a checklist for all codex or what to do.

Here is my example for a Via Epia:

• Install Windows XP with Service Pack 2
    Install Via Epia Driver (Via-4in1,lan,sound,grafix)
    Install the latest Drvier and Codec for the PVR-350 (original Hauppauge or shspvr?)
    Install the codecs you will need (ffdshow, maybe VobSub, maybe GPLMpegDec...)
    Install the latest MediaPortal Software
    Configure the MediaPortal (use ffdshow, dont use ID3, Overlay or VMR?)
    Start MediaPortal and try to watch TV or watch any Movie fluently.

As i say, on my Epia runs the MP after doing these steps not acceptabel and my claim issnt so much.

So please help me to find any mistakes or something i forgot. :roll:

Thanks a lot
Warli

spo

Portal Member
September 23, 2004
Denmark, 56.0500N 10.0000E
hi warli

I have tried to check the CPU usage for my setup, and the results is these:

MP not started - around 5 %

MP started, but not playing any music and not showing tv - around 45 %

MP playing music or showing tv / video - 100 %

It seem's to me that we never can expect to get this CPU usage down from 100% - we are simply running on a lowspec computer!
Try to run the dxdiag.exe found in Windows/System32 - select 'Display' and run the two tests. The result isn't to good :cry: and remember that your computer uses both CPU and memory taken from the other things on the system.

But I think to remember that when I switch from using the monitor to only using the RCA output, my tv went from bad to okay.

/spo

W

warli

Thanks spo for the fast answer.

Ok i´ll try it only over the RCA Port. Please help me to do that :roll: .
Start your Epia Board always on TV !?

I think i must set the grafix output to TV, right?

shame on me that i dont know to resolve this baby problem.... :lol:

Ok i wait for your answer.

Thanks
Warli

W

warli

Ooops :oops:

Ok ive resolve this problem.....
Put a Cable in the RCA an set in Bios only "TV".

Iam to tired for that :eek:

Ok ive testet only over the RCA and Video watching are fine !! :p
So next step are the TV watching, but this take a little time, because i will eat something before.

Thanks spo!!!

i´ll give a feedback later.

greets
Warli

Henriktha

August 31, 2005
Nope the "slow" cpu isn't the problem...

The problem is mediaportal is too heavy for the pc, i use Snapstream Beyond tv on a epia M10000N with a Hauppauge 500mce

Without configuring the computer in any way besides installing the program the computer can "at the same time":

Record 2 shows
Show live tv on it's own screen
Stream tv to my labtop

And it dosen't even stutter when the antivirus is scanning at the same time :D

My opinion is that the mediaportal is the problem though it's probaly the BEST PVR program on the market, but sadly not for Epia's

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom