Video Card Resolution: 1024x768 @60hz
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg 2Dec
Audio Codec Type & Version: ffdshow
TV Card: type of TV card, manufacturer and model
TV Card Type: N/A
TV Card Driver: N/A

Monitor: Gateway 2000 21" Vivitron CRT

Had MP up and running Movies,Music, and Radio just fine and even was able to use a X-10 firecracker and remote with excellent response. The only problem I was having was when using My Pictures - whenever I tried to view any picture format al all in full screen all I got was an extremely pixellated and distorted view of mostly boxes and bars but when I pressed F3 to get info the picture would sometimes display fine in the smaller size (landscape pics would break up into 3 eqaully sized horizontal bands). Most pics were from my digital camera at 1600x1200 but any pic in any format would do the same. I tried Overlay mode as well as VMR9.

I was using Matrox driver 5.03.009 so I tried updating the driver to 5.95.005 and all H*ll broke loose. When I started the program it told me the Directx device was not working correctly and to install the sdk. I downloaded the october 2005 and installed. The program would load but very slowly and when ran at an extremely sluggish pace (5 sec delay on menu mouse overs and no response to mouse clicks or remote). As soon as I took out sdk and reinstalled driver 5.03.009 I was back in business with everything but My Picures again.

Any help on the My Pictures issue would be appreciated and hope that the dx9 issue with the G550 isn't the dealbreaker.
BTW, love the program.

Thanks,
FretzCapo

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

simple answer: My Pictures does not work with Matrox cards. MP uses latest DirectX9 technologies, which are not supported by Matrox cards. Sorry, no more help possible, the G550 is the dealbreaker... :cry:

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom