problem with numbers at end of music tags? (1 Viewer)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
I think mp has a problem when reading in music tags, where it will ignore a number at the end of an album title. So if I've got files tagged with an album 'xxx Disc 1' and 'xxx Disc 2', mp puts all the files under the 'xxx Disc 1' album. It seems that it's discarding the number at the end of the title, because if i re-tag the files as 'xxx Disc 1x' and 'xxx Disc 2x', it will correctly seperate them into two separate albums. Has anyone else noticed this is or is it something wrong with how i'm tagging the files? (i'm using mp3 with id3v2 tags)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
sorry... it didn't seem that relevant but here it is :p

Area: Music
MP Version: 0.2rc1+ latest cvs
Skin: bluetwo
Windows Version: xp+sp2
Optional References: i've tried tagging the files from a number of different programs, inc wmp and foobar, so i don't think it's a problem with the tags in the files themselves, just how mp reads them

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I haven't noticed the problem you are referring to, but I do agree that MP is not reading the ID3v2 tags correctly.

I have found that MP3 files with only ID3v2 tags (and no ID3v1 tags) will not have their track number picked up by MediaPortal - refer to here for more information...

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Great job, ERFW :D

have you informed dev:s at the irc?
    Another thing is to create another topic with patch submitted on heading.

I use a My Music a lot and I really want to see this patch on the cvs.

CoolHammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom