[solved] Problem with Online Videos, no Splitter and codecs found (2 Viewers)

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi together,

I have a problem with the latest version. I updated OV via extension manager as well the MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter. As a result no video in OV is played anymore. I analysed and found out that the OV configuration shows that the Source Splitter is not installed, but it is installed. Also there are no codes assigned in the codec tab. I repeated now the installation for a couple of times, I stopped the TV server, I manually deleted old stuff in Program and Data folder I reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x86). I deleted all logs. Nothing found in the logs and unfortunately every time the same result.

What can I do? Is there any kind manual total clean up to avoid problems?

I posted this already in the German forum but obviously no one could help me so far. I appreciate your help here.

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards
JuRo

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it is interesting that you analysed the problem and came to a conclusion ;)
    So for your information: the Filter tab in the OV configuration currently has a problem detecting the IPTV Filter when installed on a PC where MP TV Server is also installed (files go to a different folder than expected, you can manually copy them to the MP Install dir\MPUrlSourceSplitter).
    But that is just a config issue that is in no way relevant to playback issues. Direct Show Filter are registered in the windows registry and can work no matter where on the HDD they reside.
    So as you already failed to attach LOGS for a problematic run in the other threads, you will also get no help in this one. I don't understand that you are registered since 2009 have 1000 Posts and still don't understand that we can't help you if you don't attach log files ... it's written in the first post of the OV thread.

Now, all the time it took me to write this, I could have used to look at log files...

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry obviously I was blended by the configuration issue you mentioned and the fact that I used 2 sites/ categories which worked in the past but not within my tests. So I did some additional test and it seems that OV plays videos in most formats. I will check this now with amazon Prime de.

Thanks
    Juro

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I am not the implementer of the Amazon site, I cannot comment if it is currently supposed to be fully working or has limitations. I also can not test it as I have no prime account. So as you already did - ask in the respective thread.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The latest Problem was solved this morning with an site update of Amazon Prime de

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom