Problem with OV 2.3.0.0 - Amazon Prime Video with audio but no video (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Ministerk,

success with this OV version on HTPC 2 too! Works flawlessly. Thank you.

Cheers

Blue Max

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've also been trying to get the HTML5 browser option to work - but with a complete lack of success. I started with a totally clean PC, having done a full uninstall of MP - including deleting any remaining folders left after the uninstall process. I installed 1.15.6 pre, then downloaded OVL 2.3.0 from the post earlier and installed that. The standard browser version works perfectly on Amazon Prime UK - the HTML5 option gets me audio but no video.

Two things. First, I don't have iexplore.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\. Should this have been included in the install process? If so, how would I be able to get it?

Second, I would be quite happy with the "standard" browser if I could dispense with the message always appearing at the top of the screen recommending that I try the new HTML5 version. The "old" version is working perfectly smoothly for me and I'm not sure what advantage the HTML5 version will bring.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    First, I don't have iexplore.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos\. Should this have been included in the install process?
    Yes

If so, how would I be able to get it?
    See post #8.
    Please follow these instructions

1. Uninstall OnlineVideos from MPEM (MediaPortal Extension Manager), no need to do a full uninstall removing config
    2. Clear MPEM cache, from File menu in MPEM
    3. Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\ and remove the OnlineVideos folder (if present)
    4. Also remove OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll if present
    5. Download the zip, extract it and install the mpe1
    Don't skip any step! I would say your problem was that you didn't clean the MPEM cache in your MP re-installation.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Apologies - somehow I had managed to download the zip file from that post and then not actually used it!

Now that I've done what I should have done in the first place everything works as it should - BrowserHTML performs fine.

Many thanks for being polite in your reply!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Apologies - somehow I had managed to download the zip file from that post and then not actually used it!

Now that I've done what I should have done in the first place everything works as it should - BrowserHTML performs fine.

Many thanks for being polite in your reply!
    Great! (y)

schwarzrz

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, exactly. Only when the process name is iexplore.exe, the HTML5 mode is working. I think this logic currently only exists inside MP2.

The upcoming MP2.1 will also contain a new mode: Inputstream. This allows to play some of the Amazon content by internal player, including DRM support.

Similar to Kodi?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Similar to Kodi?
    Yes, the inputstream technology was ported over to MP2, with same requirement to manually copy over the widevinecdm.dll into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\InputStreamPlayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom