Problem with playback h.264 (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You are "pretty sure"? But anyway, there is definitely a problem with Catalyst greater than 9.6 in MediaPortal. If you do a search you'll find at least 3 or 4 threads with the same problem.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just checked, i'm using 9.7 on htpc and it's running perfectly. (Powercolor HD4670 1GB PCI-E)

instead of changing video drivers, i would be using graphedit to see what codecs are in useage.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just checked, i'm using 9.7 on htpc and it's running perfectly. (Powercolor HD4670 1GB PCI-E)

instead of changing video drivers, i would be using graphedit to see what codecs are in useage.
    As already posted in other threads, it does not have anything to do with codecs or even the splitters/readers. This problem occurs regardless of what codec is in use.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the reason i suggested graphedit is bc you said you tried various codec packs but how do you know what codec is attempting to decode the video? have you tried registering mpcvideodec.ax and checking that it is used in graphedit?

PS - sorry if you have already done this, it's impossible to know if you are noob or experienced user

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    kind of dum question, i can see you were using coreavc within mediaportal, but were you able to construct a graph in mediaportal using mpcvideodec.ax for video?

EDIT: if you have then i can offer no solution. however i have had garbled video in the past, related to rmvb files when i changed the colourspace that the codec outputed from YUV to RGB it fixed the problem.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Haven't tried that yet and I can't really try it for another 2 weeks. Even if it does work with MPC, I don't think people would prefer to be forced to using only that codec than to be forced to using Catalyst 9.6.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    well pdvd is not good for mkv rips, so if u want dxva you must use mpcvideodec.
    but yeah if 9.6 works for you, dont upgrade, no need to change a working system, resist the urge to tinker!

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well pdvd is not good for mkv rips, so if u want dxva you must use mpcvideodec.
    but yeah if 9.6 works for you, dont upgrade, no need to change a working system, resist the urge to tinker!
    The problem occurs with any HD content. In one case it even occurs with any video content, though he hasn't confirmed yet, that reverting back to 9.6 helped. But yeah, maybe the MPC codec should be preferred for DXVA anyway. I haven't tried it for that lately. Without DXVA I prefer CoreAVC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom