Problem with recordings and live tv on one mux (1 Viewer)

andydixon

Portal Member
July 11, 2005
Christchurch, New Zealand
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
MediaPortal Skin: Indigo v2.7
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Athlon64 X2 4800+
HDD: WD 500GB SATA
Memory: 2x1GB DDR2-800
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H
Video Card: Asus 8600GT Silent
Video Card Driver: 182.08
Sound Card: onboard Realtek
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 9
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

Hi,

I've been having an issue with recordings and live tv being very jerky and stuttery with DVB-T. The problem has only been with one of the 3 muxes that I have tuned. The problem is not intermittent and seems to affect all recordings and all live tv on this mux. I was recently away from home for a couple of weeks and was surprised to come home and find that all my recordings were perfect. After a little investigation I have found that the problem only exists for recordings that were made while Mediaportal was running. If I shut down Mediaportal and just have the TV server running while recording, and then start up Mediaportal to watch the recordings playback is flawless.

From my limited knowledge this kinda suggests to me that Mediaportal is somehow affecting either the reception of channels on this mux or somehow affecting the performance of the tv server (again only for this mux). So I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be the problem?
3. Is there a tool I can use to analyse the recorded TS files and see what is wrong with them?

Please note that the audio in recordings and live tv is fine; it is just the video that stutters and pauses.

Thanks
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom