Problem with some keys on MCE Remote Control (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi, I'm new on this forum and new to MP. I'm realy enthousiastic about MP after using Windows MCE for a while. It's astonishing how littele support there is for Windows MCE :shock: So MP realy opened my eyes to the possebilities there are with a Media Center (or Portal :p).

But to the point.....
I installed the 0.2.0.0 RC1 software and the latest CVS of today. I installed another (recent) CVS 3 day ago but had problems with my remote so tried an update.
The last 5 days I used MP with my MCE remote without any problems. To get to know the software so I'm trying all possible configurations. But now (since three days ago, the CVS update didn't fix it) I don't seem to be able, most of the time, to use the navigation buttons on my remote. I can't select a menu but I can! use the 'back-arrow' (<-) this buttens acts like expected. When I use the 'OK' button in the main menu, I get a Windows 'Security Warning' window about sending unencrypted information to the internet?? I can (de)select the 'don't ask again' in this window with my mouse, but I keep getting the same message. This is the only action performed when I use the 'OK' button, so nothing happens in MP. But when I go to 'My Webbrowser' with use of my mouse, and than go back to the main menu with the 'back-button' (<-) on my remote, the navigation buttons seem to work in the main menu!......for a second or 20. Then .... no response.

The Live TV, TV Guid, Recorded TV, DVD menu, vollume, nubered buttons and so on..... seem to work just fine. Just the navigational buttons and the o.k. button don't work, so it seems.

I'm thinking it has something to do with third party software....but I can't trace back what it could be. Doe anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? I'm hoping I won't have to reinstall MP or even Windows.

The Security Warning Popup I get looks like this....
warning.PNG

The geen icon makes me think of Gator, so I'm running Hitmanpro now (Anti Spy and adware)

Thanx in advance

carreno

Moderateur
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2005
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have the same problem.
    That come from the plugin "WebBrowser".
    There should be disactivated, and it is not more problem.

:wink:

sorry for my bad English.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanxx for the quick reply.
    Too bad if that is the only way to fix it. I use the webbrowser a lot for www.pandora.com (you should realy! give this site a try by the way) for listening music.
    I'm going to let the antispyware program finish and see what that does. If it doesn't help, I will follow your advice. Thanx.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried disabeling de security options in the Mozilla activeX plugin, with no succes. There was no spyware found on the PC. So you were right....too bad. Disabeling the browser plugin is the only way to fix this problem.

Thanx for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom