Problem with stuttering TV solved... (1 Viewer)

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
Area: My TV
MP Version: 0.2 RC 1
Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel P4 3.0 GHz
Memory: 1024MB Generic
Motherboard: ASUS P5P800
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: VMR9

TV Card: Skystar 1 CI
TV Card Type: DVB-S

I see that lot of others have problems with stuttering DVB-S cards, so I hope this may help some of you.

For two weeks I have been looking around for solutions related to stuttering TV when using DVB-S cards. I have tried Skystar 1 and Twinhan CI with the same result. So no I am happy that I found the reason for this; interference with wireless LAN card - if I deactivate the wireless the problem with stuttering TV is gone. But I have a new problem of course, I have no access to network.

Anyone that can recommend a wireless card that doesn't makes trouble for Twinhan/Skystar cards?

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
Have you tryed to change the PCI latecy for your cards?

I had some problems with stuttering to and I also have a D-Link WLAN card, I saw somewere in the forum some directions on how to change the PCI latecy and tryed this with success :) Have not hadd any stuttering sens then.

I cant find the tread on this anymore but I hope this helps.

R / tk

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
Thank you for quick answer. My plan was to buy a external card avoiding signals from WLAN being close to the TV card.

I will try your solution tonight before I order a new WLAN solution. :)

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
I tried changing the PCI latecy both for my grafic card and for my wireless PCI card, but it doesn't help. I am thinking that problem is that the radio signals from the wireless card is disturbing the signals in the TV-card.

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
What other ting can I do to solve the problmen in addition to adjusting the PCI latecy?

PS! I changed the latecy according to recommendations, but I not sure about what PCI latecy is. I am thankful for a short explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom