Problem with Trakt and Live-TV (1 Viewer)

Palm_Maniac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2005
    Gießen, Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i have a problem with TRAKT. I have set it so that it also monitors live TV. Last night I got my favorite series NCIS, NCIS: LA and Homeland seen. None of them appears on the home page as seen. Mondays I watch the new Dallas. Dallas is recognized, but as a film in 1950. The same happens with other series, they are recognized as movies and searched in the database. My EPG-Source is TV-Movie Clickfinder, a german EPG. What can I do to improve it?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It sounds like your TV-Guide is not providing the season and episode numbers for tv shows, when the trakt plugin tries to scrobble what you are watching and doesn't detect these fields are filled it assumes you are watching a movie. My guess is that the show you are watching has an equivalent movie title on trakt so it gets a match.

The TV Guide has fields for season and episode numbers so ensure those are being filled into your tvguide from whatever source you use (I have no experience on what is the best). For movies, all that we need is to ensure you have a Title in most cases, but for better matches we also do parse the Year info as well if your title also includes a year e.g. The Terminator (1984).

Your first step is to work out what in your tv guide is not working as expected, then determine what data is actually in your tvguide. If your tvguide data is correct then I can possibly do something otherwise you need to support of your EPG source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom