Problem with TV on 1.4 (1 Viewer)

Ataru

Portal Member
August 14, 2013
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hello everyone

I installed MP 1.4 (TV server and client on the same machine - singleseat) and the TV is not working.
At first, the installation was an upgrade to MP 1.2.3.
After that, I removed the program and all the settings, and done a fresh install, but the same problem remains.

Notwithstanding the skin of the two installed by default I use, when I select My TV the program blocks. I have attached the log file.

Other things (My Videos, My Music, My Pictures, My Radio) is working fine, and the TV server is working properly too - I tested this by installing only the MP client on another machine.

I struggled, but for nothing. Does someone can help me, thanks.
Ataru

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Notwithstanding the skin of the two installed by default I use, when I select My TV the program blocks.
sorry, can't understand what you mean by this. Try to use other words before sending it to google translate ;)
[2013-08-18 20:06:55,651] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: 'F:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\windows\OnlineVideos.MediaPortal1.dll' file version: 1.6.1.2835
[2013-08-18 20:06:55,730] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - ERROR: unknown control:<togglebutton>
[2013-08-18 20:06:55,730] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadControl(XmlNode node, IDictionary`2 defines)
Try to disable all plugins and start MP again (at least OnlineVideos plugin is outdated).
[2013-08-18 20:07:03,198] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL - Error in the application.
-2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
Have you installed DirectX 9.0c ?

and please in the future post full logs as described here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Ataru

Portal Member
August 14, 2013
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Thanks for your fast response.

I wanted to say that the program stops with both skin (Titan and DefalutWide).

I've disabled the plugins (OnlineVideos and TVseries), but the problem remained.

DirectX 9.0c is supposed to be installed before - MP 1.2.4 worked without problems.
I've installed it again from the Microsoft site, but it didn't help.

When I use MediaPortal Debug-Mode to collect the logs, MP opens without labels - screen shot attached.
Because of that I don't know if I manage to repeat the problem.
The logs are attached.

Hello and thanks once again,
Ataru

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    66.3 KB

Ataru

Portal Member
August 14, 2013
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
These logs should be ok.
In MediaPortal Debug-Mode I chose "Report a Bug to a Plugin Developer or Skin Designer".[DOUBLEPOST=1376928059][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't see any problem in the logs. Please switch to Default (or defailtWide) skin and try again

When I change the skin to DefaultWide, MediaPortal Debug-Mode still launch MP with Titan skin. :(

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
XML:
<section name="skin"><entry name="name">Titan</entry></section>
nope, you haven't selected defaultWide in MP config.

Last edited:

Ataru

Portal Member
August 14, 2013
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
I tried again, in MP config I chose the Default skin.
When I launch MP, it starts with the Default skin.
When MediaPortal Debug-Mode launch MP, the skin is Titan.
I'm sure of that.

Perhaps the problem is that Windows is installed on the F: drive?

Did the other logs been better?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried again, in MP config I chose the Default skin.

When I launch MP, it starts with the Default skin.

When MediaPortal Debug-Mode launch MP, the skin is Titan.

I'm sure of that.
    Yes, that is normal.

The problem is XP. Please install the patch from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...les-is-corrupted-with-1-4-0-pre-in-xp.119713/

It should fix your problem.
    Be aware that XP support is being phased out, so you may need to consider upgrading to Vista, 7 or 8 if you want to keep upgrading MP.

Ataru

Portal Member
    August 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    The problem is XP. Please install the patch from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/t...les-is-corrupted-with-1-4-0-pre-in-xp.119713/

It should fix your problem.

I've installed the Fix-DirectX-Device-for-XP-and-MPC-HC-Engine_v2.zip patch, thanks for that.

It helped, but not completely solved the problem.
    Now I can enter the My TV and navigate through menus and options, but as soon as I start a video (live TV or recorded TV) the program blocks.

I've attached the logs that I made with MediaPortal Debug-Mode and the option "Report a Bug to a Plugin Developer or Skin Designer".

Be aware that XP support is being phased out, so you may need to consider upgrading to Vista, 7 or 8 if you want to keep upgrading MP.

Yes, I plan to change the HTPC later this year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom