Problems Importing and Retreiving Details of Fillms (1 Viewer)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having real difficulty in ..

a) Getting ripped DVD's to show up in the 'Media Importer' section of the 'Movie Importer' tab.

and

b) When I am lucky enough to get them to show in 'Media Importer' (somehow - it seems to be a very random occurence?!) I cannot get any info to download; 'Retreiving Details' status bar gets about 1/2 way, then just hangs.

The ripped DVDs are all recognised, and will play through MP, so are not corrupt in any way. The are all stored locally, not as ISO's

I am running Win 8 (fresh install), MP 1.2.3, and Moving Pictures (via regular installer) which was installed today.
    Thoughts appreciated

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Problem fixed!

I am now ripping to MKV and that is much easier as 1 file = 1 DVD! This seems to have resolved the recognizing file name problems that happened (in Media Importer) when using Medialsyer

The 'hanging' when retrieving data was fixed by changing 'Data Sources' under the 'Importer Settings' tab to Manually manage movie data sources. I removed all of the sources other than themoviedb.org and those categorized as 'internal'. themoviedb.org is the highest-priority source

HTH

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom