Problems starting MediaPortal 1.2.2 after upgrade (1 Viewer)

alexveee

Portal Member
October 12, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I posted this in the 1.2.2 announcement thread but realized this forum is probably more appropriate.

I'm having problems starting MePo 1.2.2 after upgrading from 1.2.1. I get a black screen after the splash screen, after it appears the plugins have finished loading. The same thing happens in debug mode. I've attached a log summary, with what I think are the pertinent errors below. Do I need to do a fresh install?

Thanks!

Code:
2011-12-23 12:49:10.172400 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: WindowPlugins, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
2011-12-23 12:49:10.198400 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: Dialogs, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
2011-12-23 12:49:10.217400 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: ExternalPlayers, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
2011-12-23 12:49:10.551400 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter)
2011-12-23 12:49:10.714400 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: ProcessPlugins, Version=1.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problems starting MediaPortal 1.2.2 after upgrade

Hi,

cannot confirm. Upgraded my Win 7 client from 1.2.1 and works flawless..

regards
    flintstone

alexveee

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    alexveee, seems some of your dll's were not updated. Can you try some of the suggestions in this thread and report back please:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l-1-2-2-freezing-every-menu-selection-103844/

r3p00, your problem seems totally different than alexveee'd problem. I will move your post to it's own thread.
    Thanks, I looked at the file versions of the .dll's in the Program Files folder, and they appear to be 1.2.2.0, but the MediaPortal.exe and Configuration.exe are both 1.2.1.0 with a September 2011 "Modified on" date. I can't reinstall without a fresh install, as the upgrade option is grayed out. Are the steps here meant to sidestep the fresh install? I don't know where the "deploy" folder is :/. Is there somewhere to just get the new .exe files?

Attached is a screenshot of my Program Files folder and all files marked with a version of 1.2.1.0 or 1.2.2.0

Attachments

• program files.PNG
      program files.PNG
      40.6 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Are the steps here meant to sidestep the fresh install?
    Yes. Like I said, I do not know if it will work and it is NOT an official MP way of doing things.

Is there somewhere to just get the new .exe files?
    From wiki:
    Temporary files

The MediaPortal Installer (DeployTool) and various other applications store extracted files in the Temporary Files folder.

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Temp\
    Windows Vista
    C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Temp\
    Variable
    %temp%

Since the actual location varies based on your OS, the location is referred to as [temp]\ or Temp folder

Or you can use something like 7zip to extract those 2 files from MediaPortal_Setup_1.2.2_FINAL.exe

alexveee

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Ok, I 7zip'd the installer and copied the 1.2.2.0 versions of MediaPortal.exe and Configuration.exe to Program Files, and MePo opens now. I think its fixed. I guess those files got locked somehow? Oh well, works now! Thanks for your help rekenaar.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    great news! yes, must have been some weird locking issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom