problems using a network share? (1 Viewer)

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I recently moved and expanded my media collection to networked storage as this plugin and the moving pictures plugin convinced me to move to a digital lifesyle :)
    Im using windows home server to store all my dvd's and tv series on. I have it configured using wake on lan, so when my htpc starts up - it wakes the server up and everything should be good to go.
    The problem I have is that this plugin and the moving pictures plugin are not picking up my tv and movies collection once the server is up - at least not at first. It can take ages before I get the listing back, its usually quicker to reboot the htpc. I can verify by accessing folders on the server that the server is up, but Im not getting the plugins to see the media files.
    I have mapped some drives on my htpc to the server
    T: for TV
    M: for all my dvd's

is there a way to configure a scanning interval or force a scan using the remote so that the plugin will pickup that the server shares are available.
    If I do a continuous ping to the server when I turn on the htpc, the server starts to reply at the point where MP is waiting for the TV service to start.

What are my options to solve this one please?

On a seperate note to the devs - I hope it gives you a good feeling to know that this is the only IT project that my whole family love - they love all the eye candy that this plugin gives them - that is quite an achievement - well done guys..

edgedemon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    I have had the following answer from the moving pictures forum, and Im guessing the solution will be the same..

If you use the share names (//server/share) you won't have this problem.. otherwise when this happens again you'll have to start windows explorer and click on the networkdrives to reconnect them. We are aware of this problem but don't have a real solution yet.
    Htpc: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H + AMD Athlon X2 4850e + Gigabyte GV-R455D3-512I ATI Radeon HD4550 (details)
    Blogs: Project HoME --- Mind.Flush()
    Spotlight: My Trailers 2.0.x --- Moving Pictures 0.7.x

will close as fixed when I have tested

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom