problems when changing tv channels (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.3.0

Description
    Hello,
    I've got some problems when changing tv channels. Totally reproducable with my server and the living room client with lav filters and mediaportal audio renderer.
    First scenario (and problem): sound vanishes sometimes when changing to a channel with dolby digital sound. Stopping the respective channel and restart live tv will fix this.
    That's what I did in the logs. Changed channels, sound was gone, stopped tv, started again and sound was there.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Watch tv on a channel not using dolby digital sound and change to a channel that uses dolby digital sound. Problem occurs appr. 1 out of 2 times.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The logs don't show me anything useful, but let's try to pin this down

1. Did you test with DirectSound (if you don't get the error with that, it's possibly an MPAR issue)
    2. Is it always the same channel? (your logs shows a channel with 1 audio streams available and some with 4)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, nothing changed. I tried with default direct sound device and the problem is gone.
    Since I was suspecting the mpar to be part of the problem anyway I tried the mpar fixes which didn't work either....
    The easiest solution now would be the stick with direct sound and everything is ok but I thought you may be interested
    in getting rid of all bugs of the mpar.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    definitely :) So thanks for the confirmation that this is indeed an MPAR issue on your system.
    Now we need some guru advice on this, so.... @tourettes ?? :p

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Logs wont tell that much, only that the WASAPI device init fails. Cant you create a T buffer file that has such format change and try to reproduce that issue under My Videos?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You mean like recording live tv while reproducing this and try if the problem persists when watching the recording?
    Did I get that right?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You mean like recording live tv while reproducing this and try if the problem persists when watching the recording?
    Did I get that right?
    I think yes, and play the recording in MyVideos.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Allright, recording did not work because it doesn't change the channel (of course not). So I tried to play the timeshift file
    but it only played till the channel changing and would then stop completely. Too fast to hear if there is sound or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom