nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

So I had MP 1.3 Alpha set up and everything seemed to be going along smooth. I had SAF 6.1.4 and because things were so good I forgot what codecs I used. I did a install of 1.3 Beta and been having nothing but problems with playing things that use to be playing without problems. I don't use MP to record TV, but will watch TV. My video files are a mixture of container types (avi, mkv, m4p, rar, etc). Hoborg had a nice little graphical display with recommended setting for codecs. I tried using what was set up when I installed 1.3 Beta, but had really a lot of problems (wouldn't play .rar files after adding the extention and running the plugin RARFileSource 0.4, stuttery play back.)

There are just so many variables to set (which is good since so many different people use media portal on so many different machines with so many different files).

Is there a set of files that I could download and test each setting with so I know what would be the best codec to use? Is there an automatic way to figure it out? I feel like if I use one file and one codec that works, when I play something else it does not work. Sorry for the frustrated tone just want to have a great media portal to watch stuff on.

Should I uninstall SAF 6? Are the LAV filters the same? Do I need a mkv splitter or will the LAV splitter work?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

-S

Attachments

• Blu.Ray.Codec.JPG
      Blu.Ray.Codec.JPG
      67 KB
    • DVD.Codec.JPG
      DVD.Codec.JPG
      70.9 KB
    • TV.Codec.JPG
      TV.Codec.JPG
      74.8 KB
    • Video.Codec.JPG
      Video.Codec.JPG
      91.6 KB
    • Video.Renderer.Codec.JPG
      Video.Renderer.Codec.JPG
      70.9 KB

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Saf messed up merits for me, and I don't need it anymore.... So I uninstalled saf.

Make sure u set the correct hardware deinterlacing setting.

U can SHIFT+1 to display the currently in use codecs.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks for the follow up. I uninstalled SAF and then had to reinstall the LAV via the MP 1.3 beta download. I noticed that there are a lot of my files where media portal cannot get the meta data such as in this video

I started the first file where media portal can get the info from and pressed SHIFT+1 to get this

I also noticed that after about 2 minutes the picture freezes and the audio loops over and over a 2 second loop.

What is the correct hardware deinterlacing setting?

Thanks again
    -S

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Where it says actfps (actual) is what ur refresh rate should be set if ur tv can do that.

Look in configuration.exe for dynamic refresh rate changer at set it up

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i have them both checked 'on' ..coz if i dont ..it wont work ..so yeh..my graphic cards rquires them on

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Look in configuration.exe for dynamic refresh rate changer at set it up

Found it. So I checked "Enable Dynamic Refresh Rate Control" How would I know if I need "use device reset" or "force refresh rate change"?

-S
    Both disabled on my system. Enable the popup message and leave the above 2 boxes unchecked and play some TV/Videos. If the refresh rates change correctly, then you don't need those. ;)
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/11_General/21_Dynamic_Refresh_Rate

Last edited:

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I wonder if uninstalling SAF and setting up LAV codec resolved your rar file playback issues? I have just upgraded to MP1.3RC and I receive the unable to play file error or just get a very choppy video and audio if I try to play avi's (xvid) that are stored as RAR. The same were working perfectly with MP1.2.3 for a long time.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks for the Reply Gurabli,

My solution is to move away from RAR files. They are hard to deal with when it comes to streaming, organizing and playing. It is a shame, because I don't want to be a leach on the torrent community, but I don't have the space to have 2 media libraries. One for RAR seeding files and one for streaming and playing. I have noticed that there is starting to be a movement to non RAR files and finally we are moving away form XVID (yes I said it) so hopefuly the community will go towards mp4/mkv containers and do away with RAR. If you would like more info about moving to non-RAR files for shows PM me
    -S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom