Problems with ATI pro 550 (1 Viewer)

Bjucken

February 21, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi

I had some problems with my Powercolor 550 theater pro.
1. meassage like "unable to create graph" appeared after installing update.
solution: updated my driver, the capturecarddefinitions.xlm file didn´t match, for the older drivers sourcepin should be altered to 4 and 5
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0" />
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1" />
But I recommend an update the pic quality gets much better.

2. The TV pic frooze and "No signal" appeared after a few minutes watching
Problem occured when installing a graphic card (passive cooler) the TV tuner got overheated, speeded up the internal fan and problems disapeared. Probably need another fan for the graphics, can´t stand the noice.

/Hasse

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
My 550 Theatre card has been working for about 6 months, but I got the 'Can't create Graph' error the first time I ran MP. I would close MP and restart it, then it would work fine.

Last night I upgraded my CPU to an AMD X2 dual processor. Now I can NEVER get the TV tuner to work!! I've started and stopped MP many times. Gone into setup several times. The card is found.

I can playback recorded tv shows but I cannot watch in real time.

Does anyone know why changing the CPU would have this effect?

I've downloaded GraphEdit. When I tell it to use the graph from XP Media Centre, it only shows the gray boxes. I think it should also have some orange boxes for the capture side of things. I don't get them even when Media Centre is recording live TV.

As you can tell, I have no idea of how all this works. I am really wondering if I should just put back my old CPU.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks ... Dale

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
OK, this is really strange. I just installed a Hapauge 150 tuner card which I used with no problem for about a year. Win XP found it and installed it using the drivers it used the last time, so there was no setup involved.

Now I get the same 'can't create graph' error as with the ATI tuner.

I also updated MP to the latest SVN. I also reinstalled FFDShow. No change.

Anyone else having problems after upgrading to an AMD X2 CPU?

Any suggestions of what else I can do?

Thanks ... Dale

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i would try to:
    - install the latest drivers for everything
    - do a clean installation of mediaportal
    - try again

:)

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you infinityloop ... Just installed latest Hauppage 150 software and drivers. I downloaded them this morning. I uninstalled MP, then deleted the directory. Rebooted, just in case, then did clean install of MP 0.2.2 and ran the configuration. It found both tuner cards. Both still give an error that it can't build the graph.

Maybe this weekend I should install my old AMD CPU and see if I can get MP to work properly. If that works, then I'm really going to be stumped because all the new systems are going to have dual processors.

I guess the TV engine 3 would have the same problem if I were to install it?

Thank you ... Dale

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    befor that you should try the latest svn. it could be that the capturecarddefinitions file has been changed/updated because of a TV-Card drivers update.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Infinityloop:

Well last night was a fun night. I put back my old CPU expecting my system and MP to run as usual. No go. I still got the 'can't build graph' error and when I would exit MP my system would lock up. I rebooted and tried it several times and it simply would lock up when I exited MP. I guess Windows updated some files when I upgraded the CPU and now I can't go back to the old one. I've gone back to my new AMD X2 CPU and MP is no longer hanging when I exit.

This morning I updated MP with the latest SVN as you suggested. It makes no difference. No change.

Yesterday I installed Beyond TV and it worked. I was hoping to use GraphEdit to see what graph B-TV used, but GraphEdit didn't list any running.

I'm going to try downloading Sage TV, but when I tried to run it yesterday, it said my trial period had expired. I saw where someone else used Sage TV to find the graph settings.

Now I am stumped. It is starting to look like an hardware/windows problem, but every other TV recording program works and all other software runs perfectly.

Is there any way to debug this problem? Should I be checking some logs or something?

Thanks for your time and assistance ... Dale

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

afaik, the commercial name is not importand. Just use one that fits your needs and is unique (not used in capturecards so far).

To graphedit: Its easier to "copy" a working graph:
    - start graphedit
    - start an tv app which works
    - in graphedit: File->Connect to Remote Graph
    - File->save graph
    - File->Disconnect from graph
    - Close TV app
    - Load the graph and check if it work: RUN graph

Flip.

For some reason I am not getting any graphs listed when I "- in graphedit: File->Connect to Remote Graph".

When MS Media Centre is running I get grey boxes but no orange ones.

When I run Beyond TV there are no graphs shown in the box. The same when Sage TV is running. I've tried both overlay and PMR9 settings for Sage.

Anyone know why nothing is shown when I try to connect to the remote graphs? It doesn't make much sense if these programs are running and recording, does it?

Thanks!!

Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom