Problems with Drop Out & Pixelated Picture (1 Viewer)

HANCYM

November 21, 2009
Although been in IT industry since 1989 I'm new to all this Media Stuff so apologies if I'm missing something really obvious here.

I’m in the UK and recently built a Media PC with a 2.8 GiG processor and 8G of Ram. I have a Compro Videomate E700 and also a Hauppauge Nova T-500 fitted. I'm using MediaPortal on the PC as a standalone installation with the Server and Client both installed on the PC itself. I've now tried all Windows O/S version from WINXP 32bit through to Windows 7 64bit but I'm still having problems.

Basically it’s the quality of the Picture. Although I was previously running a Humax PVR (with perfect picture) I thought it may have been down to the aerial which I replaced with high gain digital one and replaced all the coax cable too. This made no difference!

The picture suffers from terrible partial drop out where large portions of the picture suddenly have big square chunks missing and turning sort of polarized green similar to the problems I had on my Humax box a couple of years ago before I sorted the aerial the first time. Since then I’ve had a 100% signal showing on the Humax box anyhow

I though it was the Compro card after the aerial replacement, that's why I fitted the Nova T-500, to eliminate and problems with the Videomate E700, which also gives the same problems. I can't believe this is the expected standard from these cards or MediaPortal so can only think that I'm doing something wrong or have setup something incorrectly. Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom