[other] Problems with dropping frames with EVR (2 Viewers)

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Just wondering if other people are still seeing this issue? I'm still using VMR9 as a workaround which isn't ideal in Win7 but gives me no dropped frames. With EVR I still have problems.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just wondering if other people are still seeing this issue? I'm still using VMR9 as a workaround which isn't ideal in Win7 but gives me no dropped frames. With EVR I still have problems.

Hi,

What screen resolution are you using? The intel G45 graphics are probably a bit under-powered, so that could well be your problem. MediaPortal needs reasonably powerful graphics to do all it does, so you might find that a file that plays okay in windows media player does not work as smoothly in mediaportal.

I'd advise you to get a dedicated graphics card, maybe geforce220 or similar.

If you are still having problems and are using RC6, it is worth posting in the RC3-RC6 area of the forum, with logs of course.

Best wishes,

Mark

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi, I'm using 1920x1080. I didn't think the G45 was under-powered, that's a bit disappointing.

Guess I need to throw yet more money at the HTPC, I suppose another 100 quid won't hurt in the grand scheme of things! ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm using 1920x1080. I didn't think the G45 was under-powered, that's a bit disappointing.

Guess I need to throw yet more money at the HTPC, I suppose another 100 quid won't hurt in the grand scheme of things! ;)

Maybe someone else has benchmark figures. I may be giving you incorrect information. I agree that this whole HTPC business is a bit expensive.

Which part of Wales are you in?

Mark

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Yeah, I think I'll try and find some benchmarks to compare with Nvidia and ATI, could be interesting. I'm in sunny mid-Wales :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can anyone tell me why i only get this and no graphs?

shift1.jpg

My graphic card is a Ge-Force 9600M GT and im using Vista 32bit . Are there any known problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom