Problems with dual recordings (nova-t) (1 Viewer)

PodgeMaster

Portal Member
February 2, 2006
Hi all,
first off, mediaportal is great, you developers should be proud of yourselves.
I am running rc 2, with two Nova-T cards (the latest ones - cannot remember the product numbers), I am having problems recording two channels at the same time. It works sometime and other time not. I cannot figure out when it works and not. I have XP PRO SP2, and the latest drivers for the nova-t's.
Has any one else had any problems?

I am also think of getting a third nova-t (once the second recorder problem is fixed), has anybody had any problems with 3 nova-t's?

Thanks in advance

Podge

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    There has been a fair bit of discussion on this.

It turns out that some files in XP SP2 are faulty and when using dual tuners you get unpredictable results. I ahd the same thing.

In a very suspicious twist, if you have Win MCE2005, these files are slightly different and work perfectly. I can't find the thread at the moment, because I'm at work, but if you search for "dual tuner record" or some similar string you should find a thread where these files are named. Basically you have to download them to a different location and then register them using regsvr32.

Funny how MS make it so that you can only use two tuners with their HTPC product and not with regular XP and a competitor.

PodgeMaster

Portal Member
    February 2, 2006
    I have done the changes, things are better, but I am getting problems
    some times if I record two channels. One will not record, even though it saying it is recording.
    Any ideas?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think you need to post your Support Template and the section of your MediaPortal.log file that shows what is happenning when doing 2 recordings, with one recording failing....that might provide some clues... :?

PodgeMaster

Portal Member
    February 2, 2006
    I have reinstalled Windows and getting the same problem, I have norrowed it down to schedule recordings, it seems it is only recording one channel instead two. I get an exclamation mark in a red circle.

thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom