[solved] Problems with flickering in Recordings (2 Viewers)

Mario1976

Portal Member
August 30, 2015
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello,

first my congratulations for all the effort that has been put into MP2. For me it's looking great so far.

I'm among the people who are keen to switch to Windows 10 and trying to find an alternative for Windows MediaCenter, for recording TV-Shows (mainly series).

So far I managed to get everything (TV-Channels & EPG-Grabber+mc2xml) up and running to my satisfaction. I didn't get my two available X10 remotes to work with usefull mappings, so I already ordered an Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC Adapter. ;-)

But I have problems with my recordings. The recordings flicker when I play them.

Strange thing on the other hand, there are no issues when watching LiveTV or Timeshifting. When watching the recorded .ts-File with MediaPlayer, the Screen doesn't flicker that much and it doesn't go black, but I can see many artifacts.

When recording Shows with Windows Media Center from the same channel I don't have this Problem.

It makes no difference if I put the recording/timeshift Folders onto the storage spaces or the internal SSD of the tablet.

Does anyone have an idea how I could fix that or what the cause might be?

One other thing, is it possible to relocate the database files of MP2 to another drive? I'm not sure how much happens there, but I don't really want to risk to "kill" the SSD.

dfraga

Portal Member
June 8, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Mario1976

Portal Member
August 30, 2015
Home Country
Austria Austria
Thank you, it indeed sounds similar. I'll have a look if I can use that info to solve my problem or at least get some directions and will post back. But might take some days until I get at it again...

Meier

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello.
I had exactly the same Problem until I disabled the followign Setting:
Settings => Player => Video Player => Change of Refresh Rate (or something like that): Disabled

Mario1976

Portal Member
August 30, 2015
Home Country
Austria Austria
I got back home and was able to try it out now. Both of you were correct, dfragas link already pointed in the right direction and it's fixed now with the same steps as outlined by Meier.

Thanks to the both of you.

Today I received my Pulse Eight and I just need to get my new additional DVB-T Stick to find all available channels and then I'm looking forward to finally achieve a high WAF. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom